We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

buena vista villas

nyc
Level Contributor
73 posts
Save Topic
buena vista villas

Has anyone stayed here recently? This was recommended to us because the larger accomodations at Tulemar where booked. It certainly looks nice (and has the cost to match!)

I was under the impression from what I read here that it was part of Tulemar & one could use all the facilities of Tulemar bit I don't see it mentioned on their website.

One of the tips I heard on this forum is that the units don't all have interior steps between the floors...not an ideal situation for kids. Any other comments?

Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
812 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: buena vista villas

So I assume you're thinking of renting both floors of a villa? Or are you interested in a casa?

We stayed in a villa, and there were internal stairs connecting the top and the bottom floors. You just have to unlock the doors.

And, yes, it seems like you can use all of the facilities of Tulemar. It's really like a gated community, and once you're in, you're in - there's no distinction between a Tulemar guest and a BVV guest - or at least that was our experience. The breakfast is included and you have free access to all the beach amenities.

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
166 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: buena vista villas

We also stayed there a month ago. It was amazing. Yes, you can use all of the Tulemar facilities: private beach with kayaks, chairs, bar, free; pools; Breakfast included at the tule Cafe, etc. We absolutely loved it. We stayed in a partial ocean view villa. Our villa, 306 did not have interior steps down to the bottom level of the villa where another couple was stayed.

3xy
West Hartford...
Level Contributor
223 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: buena vista villas

The only thing that I've read in terms of differences is that if you eat a the Tule cafe for lunch, or get drinks down at the private beach, you can't charge to your room if you're in Buena Vista.

Buena Vista is newer than Tulemar and the units have outside porches (unlike Tulemar).

Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
812 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: buena vista villas

You can now charge everything to your room - at least that was our experience. We ordered room service a couple times and they just had us sign the check - and then it was on our final bill when we checked out. I think they've streamlined it.

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
166 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: buena vista villas

Yes, we were able to charge to our villa at BVV as well.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
47,936 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: buena vista villas

Yes you have stairs from the rooms to the main area...I have two little ones and it has been one of my main concerns...we have been there several times at the 2 beedroom casa...never have any problems with the stairs...but we run a lot after the kids...

It is and incredible place...in some ways I even like it better than Four Seasons in Papagayo

But is one of the best places to stay in this great country!!

Luis Road Advisor

Just buckle up and enjoy the ride in paradise!!

Minneapolis, MN
Level Contributor
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: buena vista villas

My family is leaving Monday and staying in the Mot Mot villa at Tulemar for our first 4 nights. I didn't book it through Tulemar though, I did it directly with the owner (VRBO)...you could check there for availability.

My 2 kids will have there own beds...big plus with a 12 yr old girl and a 7 yr old boy!!! It looks very nice, but I don't think I have seen any TA posters mention it yet.

Montreal
Level Contributor
25 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: buena vista villas

I will be going to BVV in December 2008, and have paid in advance through an agency. I was wondering whether I can still charge food and drinks to my room in this case? Has anyone else paid first, and still charged to their room?

Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
812 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: buena vista villas

Yes, I believe everyone who comes to BVV pays in advance - I think they require full payment 30 days before your reservation. So, yes, you'll be able to charge to your room.

Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
812 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: buena vista villas

I meant to add: When you check into your room, Fernando the concierge will take an imprint of a credit card as security, and then when you check out, I think you sign the charge slip for all the charges made during your stay.

It's funny, though - they forgot to charge us for a $2 bottle of water and then about 2 weeks after getting back to the US, a lonely $2 charge appeared on my card. Very funny.