We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Calypso cruise to toruga island rom manuel antonio - May 24,

Toronto
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Calypso cruise to toruga island rom manuel antonio - May 24,

We have just booked a day tour leaving from Manuel Antonio for a cruise to toruga island for $104, which is a great price for what we will be getting! But they need a minimum for 4 people to drive us for free to the port, otherwise they will charge us $95 additional. So we were wondering if there we any people that would like to take the cruise on the same day as us, May 24, 2008, it could save everyone some money!

Thanks!

Manuel Antonio...
Level Contributor
1,298 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Calypso cruise to toruga island rom manuel antonio - May 24,

Do you really know what you are getting your self into. Calypso leave from Puntarenas, about 3 hours each way from M.A. The liquor drinks arent included and the snorkel equiment you have to rent it. The island is beautifull and the boat ride is nice, but paid over $100 and have to paid for other thing extra isnt really work the trip. Drive 3 hours afther been on a tour just to get back to your hotel is crazy.

Toronto
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Calypso cruise to toruga island rom manuel antonio - May 24,

Maybe you had a different tour but with ours everything is included. I have done alot of research and the tour seems amazing so to us it is worth the drive!

Manuel Antonio...
Level Contributor
1,298 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Calypso cruise to toruga island rom manuel antonio - May 24,

Hello jazzbeans. Please be very carefull, see who their website said in what to take. Extra Cash for: Alcoholic beverages, optional tours, souvenirs, tips

http://www.calypsocruises.com/tortuga.asp

Also this part of Optional Island Activities like :

Canopy adventure

Kayaks - Paddle boats

Snorkeling excursion

Banana boat ride

You have to paid extra for them. I know I have been on the same tour with the same company. This is why they are call, optional tours, other way they will be happy to said this tours are included. I was very upsed when they where charging more money to my friends, They were the ones the book the trip and they didnt know this.

Toronto
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Calypso cruise to toruga island rom manuel antonio - May 24,

Thanks for the tip, I will have to check up on it some more.

Gwangju, South Korea
Level Contributor
11 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Calypso cruise to toruga island rom manuel antonio - May 24,

We just got back from this cruise. I have to tell you that the $104 was well worth it. We traveled up and down costa rica's west coast and never saw a place with the white sand and freshness of Tortuga. Yes alcohol was more money and so were the extra activities. BUT, juice was free, the food was outstanding on shore. And yes we paid $15 to take a kayak out on the ocean for an hour. I highly recommend this tour. The staff was courteous and helpful as well as provided us with great customer service and a great day.

We did drive from the doubletree in puntarenas to the dock. Manuel Antonio is about two hours from here. We drove in from Dominical the night before and stayed at the doubletree so we would be closer to the ferry dock.

A nice place
Level Contributor
851 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Calypso cruise to toruga island rom manuel antonio - May 24,

The trip is worth the money! They charge $5 for the cocktails, but that is ok. You have to pay $10 if you want to go snorkeling near the island, they take you out with a small boat. We spent it and didn't regret it, saw a lot of fish!

All the guides were very kind and professional, it is well spent money!

Houston
Level Contributor
42 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Calypso cruise to toruga island rom manuel antonio - May 24,

We are doing this tour from Manuel Antonio on July 13 and we only have 3 people. They charge $50 more if there are not 4 to transport from MA. If anyone will be in MA next weekend and would like to join our group of 3 let me know. It would be much appreciated and I am sure you will have a great time if you love to sail and enjoy water fun.

There website is www.calypsocruises.com or you can email them directly at info@calypsocruises.com the toll free number is 1-800-887-1969.

Please let me know if you decide to join us.

8. Re: Calypso cruise to toruga island rom manuel antonio - May 24,

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 September 2009, 00:49
Get answers to your questions about Manuel Antonio