We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

playa zancudo - sol y mar

Vancouver, Canada
10 posts
Save Topic
playa zancudo - sol y mar

Has anyone stayed here?

Can you recommend any others in the area?

I have been sending email enquiries, but haven't heard back.

arizona
Level Contributor
31 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: playa zancudo - sol y mar

Linda,

I haven't stayed here, but the word "Zancudo" in Spanish refers to what we call "no-see-ums", the bugs which, of course, you never see but which leave terrible, itchy welts behind. I'm very susceptible to these insects, and would never stay at such a beach!

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
6 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: playa zancudo - sol y mar

I visited Zancudo last year and we visited Sol Y Mar several times for a beer and dinner. It is one of the better locations with great views of the beach. I would try calling-we had the same problem last year when planning our trip to CR--no email repsonces. You will lve it and the Mosquitos aren't that bad.

St. Petersburg...
Level Contributor
1,149 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: playa zancudo - sol y mar

A little further south but there are several in the Pavones area that are nice, such as Casa Siempre Domingo.

Bermuda
Destination Expert
for Bermuda
Level Contributor
3,441 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: playa zancudo - sol y mar

i stayed at sol y mar for a week back in april and loved it! very relaxed and laid back atmosphere and good food. i can't wait to get back!

Vancouver, Canada
10 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: playa zancudo - sol y mar

WOw! that's great to hear! THanks for letting me know...we're going to be there in a month...hopefully we have a good time too!!

Linda

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
5,486 posts
166 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: playa zancudo - sol y mar

My wife and I are on our 4th trip to CR in December - We've never been to the south pacific area so were driving to Puerto Jimenes for 3 nights and are debating on heading back north to DOminical and beyond or checking out Zancudo/Paviones for a few nights. We're not surfers but like beach towns with some good restaurants and cafes/bars to hang out in the evenings.

Would it be worth making the drive from PJ to the area for one or two nights? How long is the dirve form PJ to Zancudo?

7. Re: playa zancudo - sol y mar

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 October 2009, 23:47
Get answers to your questions about Golfito