We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weekly Scooter Rental?

1 post
Save Topic
Weekly Scooter Rental?

Is there anywhere in town, or around, that you can rent a scooter for the week, and what kind of prices are expected?

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
25 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weekly Scooter Rental?

Monkey Rental just sent me a flyer because I was asking about bike rentals. Looks like for scooters (150cc) they charge:

1 Day (until 5pm): $50

1 Full Day (24 hours): $70

3 Days: $175

1 week: $280

I don't know if this is comparable to other places, but kind of assuming it is. The nice thing about Monkey rental is they will deliver to you and pick up when you are done.

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
25 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weekly Scooter Rental?

Send me a private message if you want me to email you the flyer they sent me. I believe Monkey Rental is in Playa Chiquita. We'll be using them for bikes next week.

Cheers and enjoy your trip,

Jack

Puerto Viejo de...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Viejo de Talamanca
Level Contributor
2,298 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weekly Scooter Rental?

Prices are comparable with Dragonfly, so actually very expensive and yes, Monkey Rental is in Playa Chiquita.

Puerto Viejo, Costa...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
1,655 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weekly Scooter Rental?

Check out the new Electric Bike place (Easy Bikes). People seem happy with them. Less then half the price as well.

Edited: 14 January 2016, 08:52
Edmonton
10 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Weekly Scooter Rental?

Do you have a link to easy bikes? did a search and can't find them...are they also in Playa Chiquita or where?

thanks for the help

Edited: 30 December 2016, 07:31
Edmonton
10 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Weekly Scooter Rental?

OK found it, its EaZy bikes!

Puerto Viejo, Costa...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
1,655 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Weekly Scooter Rental?

Don't rule out a car rental. Way better value and go more places.

Level Contributor
200 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Weekly Scooter Rental?

Does anyone know if easy bikes meets you and does pick up? I think our road is a steep dirt road idk if they allow that?

Saint Louis...
3 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Weekly Scooter Rental?

We are going to Costa Rica for the first time ever, we usually go to mexico, but wanted to try something different! I see you are from st. Louis, we are from st. Charles, wanted to get a local persons perspective on what its like there, and what are some favorite things to do, eat and see!!!

10. Re: Weekly Scooter Rental?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 January 2017, 06:37
Get answers to your questions about Puerto Viejo de...