We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Traveling by raft Arenal/La Fortuna to Puerto Viejo. Luggage

2 posts
Save Topic
Traveling by raft Arenal/La Fortuna to Puerto Viejo. Luggage

So I've been reading about the rafting tours that take you from Arenal down to Puerto Viejo but I'm confused about how is the luggage transported? Anybody have any insight? I keep seeing that you drop your luggage off at their center and there will be lockers to lock your things away but then how does my luggage get to me in Puerto Viejo?

5 replies to this topic
Puerto Viejo de...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Viejo de Talamanca
Level Contributor
2,298 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Traveling by raft Arenal/La Fortuna to Puerto Viejo. Luggage

There will be ongoing transportation to Puerto Viejo, all included in the price.

2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Traveling by raft Arenal/La Fortuna to Puerto Viejo. Luggage

So we go back to their center to retrieve our bags then drive the rest of the way? I was under the impression we were rafting all the way down haha but now that I think about it, that sounds like a bit much & makes sense the other way around.

Puerto Viejo de...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Viejo de Talamanca
Level Contributor
2,298 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Traveling by raft Arenal/La Fortuna to Puerto Viejo. Luggage

hah, no, you drive to the center, drop off your luggage in Siquires, then drive up, raft back to Siquires, collect luggage and then to PV

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,162 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Traveling by raft Arenal/La Fortuna to Puerto Viejo. Luggage

I've done the rafting trip twice while transferring. You drive to the center where you have breakfast and they store you luggage in as locked storage. You are driven again to a spot where you begin your wonderful rafting experience. You finish back to the center where you will go to pick up your luggage - change your close and perhaps purchase the CD. (highly recommend this too) The storage bins will be open then when you can collect your luggage. Since there will be some that are heading back to Arenal or San Jose and some like yourself heading to PV there will be different vans where you will than load your luggage on the appropriate van going to your next destination. No worries about your luggage.

Slovenia
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
Level Contributor
16,796 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Traveling by raft Arenal/La Fortuna to Puerto Viejo. Luggage

Rafting all the way from La Fortuna to Puerto Viejo ... that would be an adventure for sure!!

Reply to: Traveling by raft Arenal/La Fortuna to Puerto Viejo. Luggage
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Puerto Viejo de...