We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Local Taxi Service that Can Accommodate a Group?

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
20 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Local Taxi Service that Can Accommodate a Group?

Hello,

I will be traveling to Puerto Viejo with a group (there will be 12 of us) and I'm looking for a local taxi service to use while we are there. I'd like to plan transportation to/from dinner and maybe to a couple other nearby locations. Any recommendations?

Thanks in advance!

Costa Rica
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Local Taxi Service that Can Accommodate a Group?

Try Caribe Shuttle! They have nice vans that can accommodate 15- 20 pax.

Grecia, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Province of Alajuela
Level Contributor
8,127 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Local Taxi Service that Can Accommodate a Group?

Agree with Hilda. Local taxis will not have vehicles large enough I do not think, but Caribe Shuttle has vans and would be the way to go.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
20 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Local Taxi Service that Can Accommodate a Group?

I contacted Caribe Shuttle and they said that they do not offer this service. Any other suggestions?

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
20 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Local Taxi Service that Can Accommodate a Group?

Or would it be easy to just request a few separate taxis?

Puerto Viejo de...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Viejo de Talamanca
Level Contributor
2,298 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Local Taxi Service that Can Accommodate a Group?

Your host will probably know a driver with a minivan, there are several in the area. You may need two but if you can get one driver he will know a second one.

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
7,113 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Local Taxi Service that Can Accommodate a Group?

If you just need to get to another village, for ex., would you consider a local bus during the day? They r very inexpensive. See https:/…transport-to-puerto-viejo.php for more details. Since there r 12 of you + the driver, I do not think you would have fit into a shared shuttle van run by Caribeshuttle anyway. I would say there are only enough seats for 10.

Try contacting your accommodations owners for their suggestions. Or this place (in Cahuita)- williestourscostarica.com/transfers/shuttle-… .

7. Re: Local Taxi Service that Can Accommodate a Group?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 February 2018, 11:47
Get answers to your questions about Puerto Viejo de...