We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bocas

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
33 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Bocas

Thanks everyone for all your tips on my previous thread, we really enjoyed looking through all the activities. I'm wondering if you could expand on Bocas del Toro (or maybe I should ask in that forum?). How many nights would you recommend, and how would we get there? We weren't planning on renting a vehicle so logistical tips would be great. How's the border crossing?

3 replies to this topic
Puerto Viejo de...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Viejo de Talamanca
Level Contributor
2,271 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bocas

If you want to visit Bocas, I would do two or three nights. The easiest way and affordable is a complete transfer with Caribe Shuttle, they pick you up, help with the border crossing and same on the way back.

Slovenia
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
Level Contributor
15,947 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bocas

3 night minimum, IMO. No need for a car, if needed a taxi can be used. For transfer use Caribe Shuttle or similar.

Edited: 05 February 2017, 01:57
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Bocas

I just got home from 12 days in Panama. Literally landed at ATL about 2 hours ago. We spent a week in Bocastown, a few days in Boquete, and a last couple days in PC. We did the same trip last year around this time and we are planning on going again next year. There is just something about the sh$&hole that is Bocastown that calls to use. We cant explain it. Anyway.

We are already planning on going back next year but only going to Bocas.

We stay at a place called https://kokocabins.com/ and stay in one of the places over the water. Jack and his wife Lee run decent place, serve and excellent breakfast, and are very knowledgeable about the island. I would set aside at least 5 days, that you rent bikes from IXA, and that you wait until you get to the island, and let Jack and Lee set up any of the tours or adventures as they know which are good and which are bad plus they may get you better pricing.

Like I said we just got back from there it is all fresh in my mind so I will answer any questions I can.

Reply to: Bocas
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Puerto Viejo de...