We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advice on PV newbie to Costa Rica

chicago
Level Contributor
682 posts
22 reviews
Advice on PV newbie to Costa Rica

Hi ! We are traveling to Costa Rica end of May. My husband and kids ages 21 18 and 16. We are staying with my inlaws outside of Grecia for 1 night and than 3 nights in LaPaz at Peace Lodge. 4th night with my nephew in Siquirres he is a well known Herpetologist in the area and we will be doing a night tour with him. Cant Wait! Than we move on down to PV for 3 nights at La Costa de Papito Lodge. We do have a guided tour of snorkel and hike at Cahuita and plan on doing a Chocolate tour and visit the Jaguar house. And we have private transfer to all destinations. Do you have any suggestions on restaurants or other things to do? Must see Beaches? Any safety concerns? We are cool with lounging around and taking up all the scenes and animals. I have read its not real safe to go in the jungle without a guide and not a wise idea to walk around at night or let my girls run on deserted beaches in a.m. We are a well traveled family we frequent Mexico a bunch (Isla Mujeres ) mainly. We know all the smart things about keeping valuables away blah blah blah... We are really looking forward to this trip. So what ever advice you can give us would be much appreciated!

Pure Vida!

chicago
Level Contributor
682 posts
22 reviews
11. Re: Advice on PV newbie to Costa Rica

hi THANK you ALL for all the advice and recommendations!!

jimdandyofor I read on several threads not to go off on your own and to always have a guide I read about 5 couples being robbed during there hikes. I'm not chancing this I want to feel safe therefor we will have a guide. We have been to other 3rd world counties but its been about 20 years before the kids arrived. Lol. I am looking forward to this trip and thanks again for your insight as well !

12. Re: Advice on PV newbie to Costa Rica

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 January 2018, 10:45
Get answers to your questions about Puerto Viejo de...