We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi Limon to Cahuita cost?

London, United...
Level Contributor
39 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Taxi Limon to Cahuita cost?

Week night past midnight please. How much it can approx be? I just checked, and there's no Uber in the area at all...

12 replies to this topic
Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
9,174 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi Limon to Cahuita cost?

I am not sure what you mean by the 1st sentence "Week night past midnight please."

For transportation options in Puerto Viejo area - see https:/…transport-to-puerto-viejo.php

If you mean you will be in Limon (port?) at midnight and trying to get to Cahuita, hmmm...Don't?

Cahuita, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Cahuita
Level Contributor
2,686 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi Limon to Cahuita cost?

Like Sujectively, I am a little lost at what you need. Arriving at Limon at midnight is best avoided. Are you trying to get from Limon to Cahuita?

London, United...
Level Contributor
39 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxi Limon to Cahuita cost?

Yes I am getting to Limon after midnight, and wanna continue to Cahuita. There is no buses of course, but I don't wanna spend the night there, so does anybody have any guess how much will taxi charge me? Any number? Yes I know it's dangerous in Costa Rica, but I was not asking if I survive it. Most likely I won't, but on the off chance that I will make it, how much will it be please?

Cahuita, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Cahuita
Level Contributor
2,686 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxi Limon to Cahuita cost?

It is not dangerous in Costa Rica if you use common sense. Arriving in Limon after midnight (how?) is unwise, and looking for a taxi is foolhardy. If you do ask for advice on a forum like this, it would be irresponsible not to give an honest response. I will PM you with the name and number of a taxi driver, but I will still suggest that despite your rather sarcastic desire to throw caution to the wind, you travel at another time. Cahuita hotels are generally family-run little places which won't be open at 1am to receive guests. The best of British to you, and dodge that midday sun!

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
9,174 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Taxi Limon to Cahuita cost?

Agree with Sarah. About midnight in Limon and sarcasm.

5 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Taxi Limon to Cahuita cost?

We are in port for the day on 21/12 and want to travel from Limon to Cahuita. (3adults&3teen children)

How would you suggest we could best do this? We're not fans of big group tours and really prefer exploring independently. Would it be likely that we could find a taxi at the dock or is there someone you could recommend?

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
50,307 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Taxi Limon to Cahuita cost?

Thank you Sarita…as always great advice…by the way UBER is not legal in Costa Rica…even that you can contact them…please take a note that you are riding in a no legal vehicle at all…and the driver??? only God knows who they may be…even criminals drive for UBER.

roadadvisor

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
9,174 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Taxi Limon to Cahuita cost?

@6,

Local bus Limon -Cahuita, etc. - https:/…local-transport-caribbean-coast.php .

Other transportation options there, too.

Or contact tour companies like this one, in Cahuita, - williestourscostarica.com/puerto-limon-cruis… that offer cruise tours to Cahuita, etc. Ask about the max # of ppl to avoid what you do not like. Ask for a private transfer, if needed.

5 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Taxi Limon to Cahuita cost?

We are in port for the day on 21/12 and want to travel from Limon to Cahuita. (3adults&3teen children)

How would you suggest we could best do this? We're not fans of big group tours and really prefer exploring independently. Would it be likely that we could find a taxi at the dock or is there someone you could recommend?

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
9,174 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Taxi Limon to Cahuita cost?

See my reply in post 8.

Reply to: Taxi Limon to Cahuita cost?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Cahuita