We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Azura Beach Resort...is it open now?

Newmarket, Canada
Level Contributor
25 posts
4 reviews
Azura Beach Resort...is it open now?

Hi there

Does anyone know if the Azura Beach Resort Samara is actually open yet? Anyone visited?

Looking to maybe go there in Feb 2019.

Thx

22 replies to this topic
Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
1,081 posts
1 review
1. Re: Azura Beach Resort...is it open now?

Check with Brenda at the Samara-Carrillo info center.

info@samarainfocenter.com

Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
Level Contributor
11,079 posts
23 reviews
2. Re: Azura Beach Resort...is it open now?

They don't even have a website so I would not risk it! There are hundreds of forum posts from folks that paid for a vacation in 2017 only to find out that the resort was "under construction" with no completion date in site. Don't add to their numbers.

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
1,081 posts
1 review
3. Re: Azura Beach Resort...is it open now?

Air Canada Vacations is offering packages for as early as October 28. 7 days for $2219 per adult. October 30 is much cheaper at $1579 per adult.

…aircanada.com/cgi-bin/resultspackage-plus.c…

4. Re: Azura Beach Resort...is it open now?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 06 August 2018, 23:50

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
1,081 posts
1 review
5. Re: Azura Beach Resort...is it open now?

this looks like an Air Canada Vacations thing. If I do a google search for Azura Beach Resort Samara, the top result is Air Canada Vacations.

They are taking reservations and payment for their one week package including flight from Toronto to Liberia airport and back. First available is October 28.

I also tried TripAdvisor, Hotels.com and Expedia, they won't give you a reservation.

Newmarket, Canada
Level Contributor
25 posts
4 reviews
6. Re: Azura Beach Resort...is it open now?

Thanks! I checked with Brenda from the Info Center. She said the resort is scheduled to open by the end of the year...no confirmed date though. I’ll hang back and wait to see if/when it’s up and running.

London, Canada
Level Contributor
6,181 posts
2 reviews
7. Re: Azura Beach Resort...is it open now?

The way things are going with this resort, I would never book it until it actually opens.

Richmond Hill...
1 post
2 reviews
8. Re: Azura Beach Resort...is it open now?

My question exactly!

Recently contacted the Samara Tourist Board with this question. Talk about a wonderful service story.

Brenda Dragonne, it's founder and owner, replied immediately. They were invited for an inspection this past weekend. Hotel is progressing well and while they were told the hotel would be ready mid November, she felt this was ambitious but felt it would be ready by end of year. If you want more information, I would greatly recommend getting in touch with them directly. They have been absolutely amazing. Something I would have expected from the Tour Operator namely Air Canada who is promoting it. Anyway if anyone is interested in booking tours, hotels, etc. please visit their website. www.SamaraInfoCenter.com

I give them a 5 Star in Service.

Mara

1 post
9. Re: Azura Beach Resort...is it open now?

Opening 28 oct 2018

White Salmon...
Level Contributor
44 posts
12 reviews
10. Re: Azura Beach Resort...is it open now?

Where did you hear that from?

Reply to: Azura Beach Resort...is it open now?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Playa Samara