We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Azura beach resort

3 posts
Save Topic
Azura beach resort

Had anyone heard anything about the Azura beach resort, set to open in November? Is it on time? A nice stretch of beach? Reputable owners? Any info is appreciated!

211 replies to this topic
10 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Azura beach resort

We are going Nov19, I'm hoping it will be completed, I'm getting a little nervous it won't be ready, I'm hoping you get some answers:)

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
8,815 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Azura beach resort

This Canadian operator's site does not specify the month, just says "fall 2017" and puts a disclaimer that they accept no responsibility for its features, as it is a projected hotel. …aircanada.com/en/…

Edited: 30 August 2017, 09:26
10 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Azura beach resort

Where will people that have purchased packages go if the hotel is not ready?

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
8,815 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Azura beach resort

I only know how this is done, numerous times, in Cuba. If a hotel on an all inclusive pkg (international airfare, transfers, accommodations, meals included) is not ready or only partially ready, I.e. not enough rooms completed needed to accommodate all the guests, they call it "soft opening", to justify the inconvenience and construction noise, lack of facilities, etc. and either put ppl in other hotels they announce are "similar" or offer a refund. I have no info how this is done in CR.

10 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Azura beach resort

I just wonder how I can find out?

3 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Azura beach resort

I imagine the resort would notify your tour operater, who would contact you with options. I spoke with air Canada vacations yesterday, and they still have November as the date to open. We were looking at booking for February.

Red Deer, Canada
Level Contributor
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Azura beach resort

Does anyone know if this is a new build or a takeover from another hotel with renos

Samara
Level Contributor
946 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Azura beach resort

This is a new build, from scratch. As of now, it is not completed.

Have Fun…Brenda Dragonne, Owner and Founder of the Info Center in Samara & Carrillo

10 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Azura beach resort

Brenda, do you think it's possible it's ready by November?

Playa Samara, Costa...
Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Azura beach resort

OMG that is really hard to say. Regardless of who is building it, where it is being build in CR and what is being built, things take longer than what is always estimated in CR. But I cannot say for certain as I have not see the current status of the construction. I live in Samara but no one, unless you are a hues of the sister Hotel, is allowed on the property so I cannot say for sure.

Reply to: Azura beach resort
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted