We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ending our trip in Playa Hermosa or Liberia Airport

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Topic
Ending our trip in Playa Hermosa or Liberia Airport

We are looking to end our trip (2 nights) in Playa Hermosa, before flying out of the Liberia Airport (LIR). We will be driving from Manuel Antonio - yes, I realize it is a long drive - but too late to change now. Plus, San Jose was way more expensive. So really, we will have around 1 1/2 nights in Playa Hermosa (hopefully Bosque Del mar, Finisterra, or La Gaviota.

Our flight out of LIR is not until 1:30pm. I am assuming, we should be at the airport 3 hrs early.

So that should put as at the airport at 10:30am. I am wondering if anyone thinks this is a hassel - and we should just stay closer to the airport - like at the boring Hilton Airport hotel?

Also, if we decide NOT to keep our car once we get to Playa Hermosa - how much is a cab ride to the airport? There will be four adults and one child. May be better just to keep our car - even if we just park it for the two nights we are there.

Costa Rica
Level Contributor
25,653 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ending our trip in Playa Hermosa or Liberia Airport

I would just stay at Playa Hermosa. From the closest airport hotels, it's 5 minutes to the airport. From Playa Hermosa, 30 minutes.

Enjoy your last night in Playa Hermosa, have a nice breakfast, drive to the agency and return your car and there will be a shuttle to the airport. Easy peasy.

Plus - another option is this: Drive yourself to the airport and check in. Then drive yourself to a nearby restaurant or to the German bakery for a snack or something to take on the plane. Then turn in your car and return to the airport for security and boarding.

And who says you won't use your car in Playa Hermosa? Head for Playas del Coco, go to Rincon de la Vieja or the boat trip through Palo Verde, visit Santa Rosa National Park, check out some of the other beach towns - take the "Monkey Trail" to Potrero, etc.

And yeah - it's an all day trip from Manuel Antonio. Just take it easy and enjoy the day. Don't try to force things - just stop when you want to.

Edited: 04 May 2014, 00:19
Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Ending our trip in Playa Hermosa or Liberia Airport

Thanks so much Hattie!! I really appreciate your feedback! We are so excited for our trip. Pura Vida!! :)

3. Re: Ending our trip in Playa Hermosa or Liberia Airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 May 2015, 10:46
Follow this conversation!
Get notified when a new reply comes in.
Follow now