We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

villas sol hotel

saskatchewan
Level Contributor
10 posts
4 reviews
villas sol hotel

we are interested in visiting costa rica and possibly staying at the villas sol hotel at playa hermosa. The information for the hotel says that there is nightly activities - does anyone know what that means? Is there nightly entertainment?

Playas del Coco...
Level Contributor
13 posts
4 reviews
1. Re: villas sol hotel

The Villas Sol Hotel is on a mountain and you have to take a bus to get to the beach or a nice walk down. There are several pools with bars that is relaxing. During the day they play water sports in one of the pools and have exercise class. I stayed there 3 years ago and there was not much going on with nightly entertainment but maybe that has changed. There are other hotels that I would recommend other than the Villas Sol, its not one of my favorites but that is only my opinion. It is really what you are looking for in a hotel and what ammenities you want to pay for. If you want an all inclusive, there is the Grand Papagayo and the Hilton just took over the Fiesta Premier. These hotels are not walking distance to the local town of coco where you would do shopping and go for night life but it is about a 10 - 15 minute drive. Cabs will cost around $10 - $20 each way.

Ramer, Alabama
Level Contributor
467 posts
3 reviews
2. Re: villas sol hotel

The Villas Sol is a very quiet and laid back place. We stayed there last June and enjoyed it. If you are looking for an action packed place, this is not it. If you are looking for a quiet place to kick back and relax, you'll love it.

The ocean views from the hotel are spectacular and you can watch the sun set from your balcony.

We are old folks, but we really enjoyed this resort and will definitely go back.

They have shuttles that run every few minutes to take you wherever you want to go on the property including taking you to the beach.

The staff was great and provided excellent service. They are remodeling the hotel currently, you might want to check on that depending when you are going.

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
73 posts
2 reviews
3. Re: villas sol hotel

we will be there a week from tomorrow. hopefully we can have a positive trip report when we return.

4. Re: villas sol hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 September 2009, 06:49