We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

sports bar!

ohio
Level Contributor
296 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
sports bar!

ok this may sound crazy but i have a huge problem. we will be in Costa Rica during the national championship. my beloved Buckeyes have just backed into that game. i have to find a place where a group of us can watch it.

we will be staying at Villas Sol in the Guanacaste region, it is at Playa Hermosa. does anyone know of a sports bar near there where our group can watch the game? i would appreciate any help.

markis

Mentioned in this post
Costa Rica
Costa Rica
Central America
Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
42 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: sports bar!

Yep - there a sports bar in Playa Hermosa. Dont remember the name but you cannot miss it on the main street. Also did not go there but I heard the beer was cold.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
148 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: sports bar!

Lot418 any tips on staying in Playa Hermosa, restaurants, bars, grocery stores, tours, etc.? Did you go to Coco?

Playa Hermosa...
Level Contributor
867 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: sports bar!

See - costarica-realestate.com/…20Info.htm Upper Deck Sports Bar is just down the road from Villas Sol.

There is also a restaurant bar in Playa Coc that has 10 TV's and a big screen running sports daily....Coconutz....10 minutes from Villas Sol.

Playa Hermosa...
Level Contributor
79 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: sports bar!

I just visited Coconutz for the first time after Papagayo's recommendation and it is definitely the best sports bar in Papagayo. They have lots of large screen TV's and pool tables. The only thing I wasn't crazy about was the food, which is top-notch in Upper Deck but it is a great sports bar. I highly recommend this bar for Monday Night Football!!!

5. Re: sports bar!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 September 2009, 23:49