We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dive site name near Playa Coco

Strasburg, Colorado
Level Contributor
40 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Dive site name near Playa Coco

I went on a dive somewhere near Play Del Coco where the reef sharks all laid on the ocean floor because the water was so oxygenated. But I don't know the name of the dive site it was close to a small island. Does anyone know the name and who can I book with to do it again. I was staying at the RIU but can't remember if I went with their dive shop there or the one in Playa Flamingo. It was at least 3 years ago that I dove there.

Mentioned in this post
Hotel Riu Guanacaste
Hotel Riu Guanacaste
7,237 Reviews
Playa Matapalo, Costa Rica
Playa Flamingo
Playa Flamingo
Province of Guanacaste, Costa Rica
8 replies to this topic
San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
49,981 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dive site name near Playa Coco

Is call EL BAJO DE LOS TIBURONES..is close to RIU and close to a beach call Manzanilllo...nice water as you say...kind of rough...but great dives around

roadadvisor

Mentioned in this post
Hotel Riu Guanacaste
Hotel Riu Guanacaste
7,237 Reviews
Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
30 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dive site name near Playa Coco

It could be the small beach close to Isla Huevos. We snorkeled there with the Marlin del Rey on a sail tour. Great trip.

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
784 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Dive site name near Playa Coco

Rich Coast Diving

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Revie…

"The only PADI 5* CDC center in Costa Rica with the only Platinum Course Director. Join us for dives to encounter sharks, rays and big schools of fish. From May to Nov we take you to the famous Catalina islands to swim with the giant mantas and to safe the best for last...from Nov to May we visit the Bat islands to seek the adrenaline of the bull sharks encounters!"

What month did you go diving last time in Costa Rica? and how were your dives ?

Mentioned in this post
Costa Rica
Costa Rica
Central America
Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
784 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Dive site name near Playa Coco

Here is a dive site map for that area:

deepblue-diving.com/media/images/karten/papa…

This one is a bit bigger and includes the Catalinas

https:/…55c63df562fef_sized.jpg

Edited: 07 August 2018, 11:08
Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
784 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Dive site name near Playa Coco

"The dive sites at the offshore islands are the most famous. In particular, Cueva del Tiburón (a.k.a. Shark Cave) near the Catalina Islands is home to several, sleeping reef sharks"

https:/…

(scroll down to "best dive sites in Playas del coco" )

Mentioned in this post
Playas del Coco
Playas del Coco
Strasburg Co.
Level Contributor
52 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Dive site name near Playa Coco

Thank you, I think it was off Catalina Island and the Shark cave sound familiar because there were at least 30 sharks laying on the bottom not moving. I was there once in July and another time in September and I dove twice with the dive shop at the RIU and once from a dive shop from hotel in Playa Flamingo but don't remember the name of that hotel. I remember it was the only time saw shrimp and sea horses on a dive. I will be there again this Sept from the 13th through the 21rst and a friend coming with me wants to go on a dive. My last dive in May this year I pulled a muscle in my calf and could dive the next day so not sure if I am getting to old to keep diving,

Mentioned in this post
Hotel Riu Guanacaste
Hotel Riu Guanacaste
7,237 Reviews
Playa Flamingo
Playa Flamingo
Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
784 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Dive site name near Playa Coco

Maybe you could re-evaluate your fins even if you’ve been using them a long time, perhaps some with less stress on your calves could help. And doing exercises/stretching your calves regularly to keep them in shape for diving.

This article addresses cramps, but should help prevent other calf injuries I would think

https:/…

Strasburg, Colorado
Level Contributor
40 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Dive site name near Playa Coco

Thanks for the advise. I think my main problem was I was taking some medicine for high blood pressure and it said one of the side effects is cramping. I have stopped taking it But might also be I am 61 years old now. I was also thinking about getting smaller fins. I am still having pain in that calf even though it was six months ago. that I pulled the mussel. I am not sure the guy who wants to go diving could do that dive site since he has only done 5 dives and was 2 years ago.

Reply to: Dive site name near Playa Coco
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted