We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Search - Best Guide/Drivers - Arenal / La Fortuna Area

long island , new...
Level Contributor
177 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Search - Best Guide/Drivers - Arenal / La Fortuna Area

Looking for best way to start planning our transportion ( we are not renting a car )

Also, looking for the best tour guides & drivers that are known to be "The Best" !

Going to be in Arenal La Fortuna area Jan 9-14 ( 5 nights / 4 full days ) - myself and my 2 kids ( dtgr 20 / son 22). -guides who will pick us up on time, who has an eye to find wildlife, maybe take us to hidden gems / waterfall. - someone who will show their love for what they do ! Looking for wonderful experiences and memories !!!

*** Would we be able to find one driver for ease/consistency that can do these trips and more within our day to day adventures from different areas? **

Will need a driver to take us from SJO Airport to Tree House Hotel (hopefully making a stop or 2 to show us Costa Rica on the way – maybe stop at LaPaz Waterfall.

Will need a driver to take us to Bogarin Trails from Tree house Hotel one day, and pick us up a few hours later and take us to Arenal Observatory Lodge and then some days later from AOL down to Manual Antonio ( stopping at Tarcoles Bridge and whatever else spotted on way south).

Will need a driver to eventually take us back from Manual Antonio to SJO Airport .

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Also, searching for a guide who will pick us up at Bogarin Trail, and take us on a Safari Float Tour on the Penas Blancas River & Don Pedro Farm and drop us off back at Tree House hotel.

{Desafio Adventures or sunset tours do this ? which recommend }

Also, someone who can pick us from AOL and drive us to town for dinners etc.

Thanks for suggestions.

Mentioned in this post
Arenal Lodge
Arenal Lodge
925 Reviews
La Fortuna de San Carlos, Costa Rica
Hotel La Fortuna
Hotel La Fortuna
549 Reviews
Juan Santamaria Intl Airport
Juan Santamaria Intl...
San Jose, Costa Rica
Costa Rica
Costa Rica
Central America
Arenal Observatory Lodge & Spa
Arenal Observatory Lodge...
2,241 Reviews
2 replies to this topic
Texas
Destination Expert
for Arenal Volcano National Park, La Fortuna de San Carlos
Level Contributor
7,446 posts
229 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Search - Best Guide/Drivers - Arenal / La Fortuna Area

We like Carlos Bogarin with Destinos Encantados. He once waited hours for us at the airport when our flight was delayed. He's part of the Bogarin family that own the Bogarin Trail. Very nice and smart and helpful.

http://www.destinos-encantados.com/

You can also book drivers through your hotels or there are some listed on the boards. AOL has a shuttle that goes into town for eight dollars; I'd just use that to go to town. Coming back you can take a taxi.

For tours, we've used both Desafio and Sunset Tours, and they're both excellent. We've even had one fill in for the other if there weren't enough people on a tour so they combine them.

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
3,206 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Search - Best Guide/Drivers - Arenal / La Fortuna Area

If you have a generous budget you can find a driver/ guide for all of this. If it was me, though, I would use taxis for a lot of what you describe. Guides are available at mist hiking venues they are usually very good. Some activities, like Safari Float, can include transportation. Other drivers specialize in airport transfers.

I don't know about other places you're staying, but your hosts at the Tree House hotel will help you with all sorts of arrangements and they are happy to e mail back and forth long before your stay.

Reply to: Search - Best Guide/Drivers - Arenal / La Fortuna Area
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about La Fortuna de San...
More La Fortuna de San Carlos Topics