We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

24 Hours Transit Visa for Indian Passport holder

Delhi
Level Contributor
10 posts
20 reviews
24 Hours Transit Visa for Indian Passport holder

Hello Fellow Travellers,

I ll be reaching Pudong Airport from New Delhi at 11 AM and ll be flyingout at 8 AM the next day from Hongqiao Airport to Seoul. Being an Indian Passport holder, do I qualify for the 24 Hour Transit Visa or I nee to apply for a Tourist Visa to be make this transit. Any advise shall be appreciated.

Thanks!!

20 replies to this topic
Sherbrooke, Canada
Level Contributor
45,678 posts
824 reviews
11. Re: 24 Hours Transit Visa for Indian Passport holder

It is hard to make it. First, your flight has to be on time. Then you need to be out of the airport in less than one hour (which should be ok at that hour). You can make it to the other airport in 45 minutes. That gives you 2 hours which should be enough but everything has to be perfect.

4 posts
12. Re: 24 Hours Transit Visa for Indian Passport holder

@JPDeM - You mentioned that I can make to other airport in 45 mins, can you please suggest should I go for taxi or shuttle to reach other airport in 45 mins.

4 posts
13. Re: 24 Hours Transit Visa for Indian Passport holder

Hello Everyone,

I reached my destination smoothly and sharing below my experience of airport change at Shanghai

1) My arriving flight was delayed by 30 mins, hence I reached Shanghai International airport @ 6:10 AM and my departing flight was pre-ponded by 30 min and was supposed to depart @ 8:55 AM, so I had only 2 hrs and 45 mins.

2) After landing to Shanghai Airport I rushed to Immigration(counter 1) for 24 hr on arrival free transit visa.

3) There was a huge queue ahead of me, so I directly walked ahead of the line and talked to immigration officer there and told him about my situation. He was kind enough and he stamped my VISA then and there.

4) Then I rushed to pick up my luggage and was able pick up my luggage in next 5 mins.

5) I then exchange dollars to RMB there.

6) I rushed out of the international airport from gate 10(it said Taxi).

7) There were taxi guys infront of the gate and they took our luggage, they knew that I had to go Shanghai domestic airport.

8) At 6:45 AM, I was in the taxi and I reached domestic airport at 7:35 AM, which gave me plenty of time to board next plane. He charged me 490 RMB(I am not sure if thats the actual fare or not).

Hope my detailed experience will help someone.

Thanks

Ankit

NNJ
Level Contributor
3,997 posts
55 reviews
14. Re: 24 Hours Transit Visa for Indian Passport holder

Glad you made it.

490 is almost 3x the normal fare.

Shanghai, China
Level Contributor
161 posts
15. Re: 24 Hours Transit Visa for Indian Passport holder

Seems you were intercepted by the unoffical taxi drivers (Touts) and were charged 490rmb for a journey which should be around 210rmb....... Offical taxi drivers do not go into the Terminal building, they are all waiting at the offical Taxi line up with a Dispatcher allocating which car you will take.

Dublin, California
Level Contributor
23,849 posts
47 reviews
16. Re: 24 Hours Transit Visa for Indian Passport holder

I am sure all those others in line are happy that you cut line to get ahead.

5 posts
17. Re: 24 Hours Transit Visa for Indian Passport holder

Hey I have a similar layover..I just wanted to know if you could get the visa stamp and get out of the airport?

Shanghai, China
Level Contributor
9,832 posts
18. Re: 24 Hours Transit Visa for Indian Passport holder

@shashi

Why don't you read the posting number 13 for your answer?

5 posts
19. Re: 24 Hours Transit Visa for Indian Passport holder

I did not see that before..Thanx for the response I have my answer!

New Delhi, India
2 posts
1 review
20. Re: 24 Hours Transit Visa for Indian Passport holder

I am an indian student going back to India from Japan and i have halt for about 24 hrs in shanghai. Can i go outside the airport without transit visa? Or i need to apply the transit visa first?

Reply to: 24 Hours Transit Visa for Indian Passport holder
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted