We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

weddings on treasure

australia
4 posts
Save Topic
weddings on treasure

Hi,

I am planning my wedding on Treasure Island for November and was wondering if anyone has seen or got photos of what the wedding boat looks like, as i have not been able to find a picture of it anywhere!

also, if anybody has had their hair/make-up done by the hairdresser they use on the island, i would love to hear what they're like and whether you were happy with the result.

thanks

lhollis80

Auckland
7 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: weddings on treasure

I'm getting married there this September - but I also went to a wedding there 2 years ago... I have pics if you want me to email the bridesmaids hair & makeup were done by the people there. Also she used the boat ... (was not the best boat but she 5 people in it - had her, bridesmaids, father of the bride and son on the boat)

Bathurst, Australia
Destination Expert
for Fiji, Viti Levu, Treasure Island, Sonaisali Island, Nadi
Level Contributor
1,525 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: weddings on treasure

Im sure if you email the resort they could send you pictures or put you in touch with someone who may be able to help out with the boat and the hair options! They have been very helpful with my questions for a holiday that is booked for me this November!

melbourne
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: weddings on treasure

just got back from my wedding at treasure island and i highly recommend the hairdressers there. i took a picture with brief instructions as to how I would like my hair done and they matched the pic 100%. The cost is rather high $130 AUD.

I also had the bridal boat and it is a motorised boat they use to bring you to the island off the catamaran that you arrive on, they decoarate with palm leaves and the warriors stand at the front of the boat. Hope this has helped you

Regards

Danni

Bathurst, Australia
Destination Expert
for Fiji, Viti Levu, Treasure Island, Sonaisali Island, Nadi
Level Contributor
1,525 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: weddings on treasure

cdz1912 did you use the beauty spa or any treatments while you were there? Im going in a few months and just wanted to know if you though anything was worth a recommend! How was the food?

melbourne
3 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: weddings on treasure

Yes my husband and I had a massage day after our wedding and it was great. I had a fijian girl named Sara and her massage was amazing and very relaxing. Didn't have any facial or body treatments so I can't help you on those.

We had a full meal plan and I must say you never go hungry. The breakfast has a great selection eg: omelettes made to order, scrambled eggs, bacon, pancakes, all breakfast cereals, yoghurt, croissants and fresh fruit.

lunch was buffet or a la carte. Buffet was cold meats, salads, rice, curries, fruit and ice cream.

Dinner was alternating nights of buffet or a la carte menu. Buffet was a much more enjoyable meal, a la carte menu was a little too boring for me.

The bbq night on Saturday night is the best, the meat is cooked while you wait....best meal there.

We all ate lots and it showed on the waistline by the time we got home!!!!! Hope this helps.

6. Re: weddings on treasure

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 January 2010, 10:46
Get answers to your questions about Treasure Island