We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Family of 5 accommodation

Auckland
4 posts
Save Topic
Family of 5 accommodation

We are planning a trip to Treasure Island. As we are a family of 5 we have 2 options. Book a double Bure or all fit into a regular Bure.The latter is a cheaper option! and the one we would prefer.

Has anyone had experience with 5 in a room? Is it too much of a squeeze?

Hervey Bay...
Destination Expert
for Fiji
Level Contributor
1,225 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Family of 5 accommodation

We are also a family of 5 as well. We travelled to Treasure last year with our 3 kids who were 15, 11, 7 at the time of travel.

I dont know what ages your children are, but I know for us it would have been a VERY tight squeeze and to be honest I dont think its one we would have opted for willingly. We would really have been on top of each other.

We paid for 2 bures. The 2nd bure was at a discounted price, as we paid per bure & not per person per night for our stay.

I would not hesitate in doing the same again if were ever to return to Treasure. :)

Personally I dont think you would have much room to move if they were to put another double or 2 more singles in the bure.

IMO, spend to extra and get an interconnecting bure and spread out a bit. I think in the end you will be glad you did.

sydney, australia
Level Contributor
301 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Family of 5 accommodation

Hi

have seen some really cheap deals to Treasure Island on wotif.com so if you aren't going at peak time check it out. It would make it much easier to decide on 2 rooms. I didn't think that you could all fit into 1 room. We had to have 2 rooms when we went in Nov. 07 but it was good. Our kids were 3, 4 and 5 at the time. They loved it, we are going back this July but Treasure was too expensive so we have opted for somewhere else as wotif didn't have any rooms for the time we are going.

3. Re: Family of 5 accommodation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 November 2009, 11:04
Get answers to your questions about Treasure Island