We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Do the rooms have ....

Wagga Wagga...
Level Contributor
24 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
Do the rooms have ....

... an iron ?

I'm wondering if I'll need to take a travel iron with me.... the resort website doesnt mention one way or the other.

Yes I know, I'm on holidays and shouldnt be worrying about such things... but its better to ask now before I leave :-)

Just three sleeps to go now and I'm sooo excited !

Gold Coast
Level Contributor
309 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Do the rooms have ....

lucky you

email the resort and ask, hopefully they answer your q before you depart

Hobart, Australia
Destination Expert
for Vanuatu
Level Contributor
3,605 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Do the rooms have ....

You don't need a travel iron in Fiji - just take some shorts, a couple T-shirts, a sarong and causal loafers and you will be fine. Fiji and Treasure Island is definitely dress down and that is the beauty of Fiji. I love that this is one place in the world you don’t need to wear shoes to dinner. Do yourself a favour - throw out the travel iron, any high heel, half the clothes packed and anything over the top dressy.

Regards

Suzi

Bathurst, Australia
Destination Expert
for Fiji, Viti Levu, Treasure Island, Sonaisali Island, Nadi
Level Contributor
1,525 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Do the rooms have ....

Im with suzi you really do not need an iron and come to think of it not in the rooms i do not think but they have a laundry for guests you may find one in there! Have a great trip and let us all know how it was when you return!

Fiji
Level Contributor
469 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Do the rooms have ....

Most resorts will have irons either in the room, in the public laundry facility or ones that can be borrowed from reception.

Bellingen, Australia
Destination Expert
for Fiji, Mamanuca Islands, Navini Island
Level Contributor
9,022 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Do the rooms have ....

Hi

If there isn't an iron in the room one will be available from reception. You can dress as you please. I am for casual but I don't like to go to dinner in wrinkled clothes. Some drop out when hung up but not all. People often refer to the suitcase look - creases and fold lines in clothing - it is seen a lot. I roll my clothes, they don't wrinkle and they take up less space. You will find some people will really dress up for dinner and others will be there in shorts and singlet tops, find the happy medium -you being comfortable- , sulus (sarongs) can be dressed up for dinner and wrapped around swimmers for lunch, I think most prefer that unless you are lunching by the pool cover up for lunch and breakfast. You won't need a lot of clothes everyone overpacks. Forget shoes, sandals/thongs are all you will need, heels don't go well in the sand perhaps some reef shoes it you plan on walking around the island over any rocky areas. You won't be hiking so you won't need joggers. You will probably spend you days in swimmers so a coverup and a few changes for evenings, a light cadi or jacket is a good idea as it can sometimes be a bit cool of an evening. Have a wonderful holiday.

Hervey Bay...
Destination Expert
for Fiji
Level Contributor
1,225 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Do the rooms have ....

Yes there are irons and ironing boards in the rooms. I remember, because I needed to iron a few shirts for our wedding! :)

Have a fantastic time!

Wagga Wagga...
Level Contributor
24 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Do the rooms have ....

... thanks everybody for replying xx ... and yes, I'll be sure to write here on the forum upon our return and hopefully upload some photos. We leave on Monday 4th and we return late on Tues 12th.

Ni Sa Moce and Vinaka !

8. Re: Do the rooms have ....

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 October 2009, 10:15
Get answers to your questions about Treasure Island