We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beach Front Bure at Treasure Island

Sunshine Coast
4 posts
Save Topic
Beach Front Bure at Treasure Island

I have been reading the latest reviews of Treasure Island and now starting to worry!!! We have been to Fiji previously but staying at Castaway Island. We alos have paid the extra for a Beach Front Bure- which they had advertised as being renovated and open in April 09? My question is has anyone stayed in these bure's yet? and which ones to ask for. We are travelling with our sons 11yrs & 9yrs old.

Bathurst, Australia
Destination Expert
for Fiji, Viti Levu, Treasure Island, Sonaisali Island, Nadi
Level Contributor
1,525 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beach Front Bure at Treasure Island

I am also travel to Treasure in Oct/Nov this year I have booked the Beach Front but have heard people say no difference in all the accom. I do know that all bures are duplex and some even have 4 duplex together! Would be good to know the newly reno ones does anyone know which numbers are the best?

Hervey Bay...
Destination Expert
for Fiji
Level Contributor
1,225 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beach Front Bure at Treasure Island

When we were there just over 12 months ago they were rebuilding bures 5-6 (I think?) after they were destroyed by a fire about 6 months before. Perhaps they are these ones? I quess they are open again now...

I dont know what they look like inside, as they were still at the framing stage when we we there. Staff assured us they would be very nice with a different layout to the other bures on the island. Check out their location on this map. I hope it helps... fiji-treasure.com/lib_multVideo/…20Map.pdf

Maybe a quick email to the resort would help?

Sunshine Coast
4 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Beach Front Bure at Treasure Island

Thanks for your advise shall follow this up with the resort further! as we are off for my husbands birthday in Mid June and would be terribly disappointed if it was a 'bit' nice for his special occasion

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
99 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Beach Front Bure at Treasure Island

Hi I just returned from Treasure Island. I also paid extra for a beachfont bure but when I checked in I was given oceanview and the staff didnt even mention it to me until I noticed it on check in form and bought it up. They told me that no beachfronts were available (I booked months in advance so obviously they made a mistake with room allocations). I asked for the difference to be credited which they did, but I really dont think they would have offered anything unless I asked. I was glad we stayed with the room we were given (53) I think the best location on the sandy beach side of island. The beachfront bures are the same (I had a look in them) and are only about 4 metres closer to the beach. I think the room grading is a bit of a con. I would stick with the beachfront but when you get there look at the room location and other rooms and asked to be changed (and credited the difference) if need be.Or look at the rooms on the map...the ones 54 and 53 are the best location and are graded as Oceanview. After speaking to other guests on the island, they too paid for beachfront but were given the oceanview (no difference really but not great when you pay the premium for beachfront..)

The sandy western side of the island was nicest for swimming and snorkling.Probably best as you have the kids and they can play on the beach right outside your room. The other side of island is rocky and not as nice but you do get a lovely breeze... Enjoy your holiday

Sunshine Coast
4 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Beach Front Bure at Treasure Island

Thank-you so much for your advice. We are on Treasure Island 22nd June for a week. We are celebrating my Husband's birthday. Did you have a good experience at Treasure Island? It is very confusing with so many different reports from fellow travellers! Any 'tips' or advice would be very appreciated.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
99 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Beach Front Bure at Treasure Island

Hi Stu and June, Yes I know I was confused also especially when reading about the bure types! See my recent review I posted on Treasure a couple of days back.. You say you have been to Castaway previously? Just dont expect Treasure to be as nice and same standard..but Treasure is alot cheaper so I spose you get what you pay for. The room mixup and my initial thoughts on Treasure put a bad taste in my mouth at first, but we did have a great holiday there regardless. It is a simple little no frills resort. Has a great pool and fantastic snorkelling right off the beach. Email the reservations at Treasure Island (take the email off their website) and double check the room your will be allocated and ask which rooms numbers are Beachfront and which are Ocean View. They also have a map on their site and you can have a look at the placements of the rooms and request where you want to be. Let me know if you have any more questions...if not enjoy your holiday!I'm sure you'll have a great time.

Sunshine Coast
4 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Beach Front Bure at Treasure Island

Thanks Kyliebu,I'm sure we will have a lovely time and shall take your advice in regards to checking the bure number!

8. Re: Beach Front Bure at Treasure Island

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 November 2009, 10:54
Get answers to your questions about Treasure Island