We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bures on Treasure Island

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
99 posts
73 reviews
Save Topic
Bures on Treasure Island

Hello, we are heading to Treasure Island in May and I have booked a beachfront bure. I am really confused and worried that I am spending extra on a beachfront bure if they are all similar (going off other peoples posts previously). Has anyone stayed in a beachfront bure on Treasure and is the extra worth it? Also can anyone recommend the room numbers of great bures on the sandy western side of the island that have a lovely outlook and quiet (but a short walk to amenities) ? I would appreciate any feedback,

Gold Coast
Level Contributor
309 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bures on Treasure Island

Here is a link to to resort map, which you can zoom in and out of the see the bure numbers.

(thanks cricket123 for the info)

fiji-treasure.com/lib_multVideo/…20Map.pdf

hope this helps, if it's wrong just private message me

Australia
Level Contributor
141 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bures on Treasure Island

Kyliedbu,

Just got back from Treasure. Ask for 53-58 bures facing the west. it has acces to all canoes and sailing boats and activities. It has a good beach on this side. Insist that you get the bure you want as they will just put you where it fits best for them. All bures are the same. The western side faces Beachcomber Island and is great sunsets. Check it out on Google Earth. I hope you have a great holiday.

Buzz

Sunset Beach
4 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Bures on Treasure Island

TREASURE ISLAND'S MAYOR EMAIL

please email the Mayor

rminning@mytreasureisland.org

TREASURE ISLAND, FL TO BAN SUNSETS

A special emergency meeting to ban alcohol on “only” Sunset Beach @ 6:00pm Thursday March 26 Treasure Island City Hall . If you have ever enjoyed an “adult beverage” on our beautiful beach please come and show your support, not all residents want the ban .If this issue is important to you, please attend the meeting at City Hall, 108th Ave, this Thursday at 6 pm. Let your voice be heard!

Seems crazy, Treasure Island "needs" Vistors now they do something to make the beach less attractive (an affordable)

Bathurst, Australia
Destination Expert
for Fiji, Viti Levu, Treasure Island, Sonaisali Island, Nadi
Level Contributor
1,525 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bures on Treasure Island

Hello have booked a trip for later this year the beachfront are just slightly closer. They do have a map on their website with bure number so take a peek and then request something perhaps only half way down the island as it is a bit of a walk if you get bure right at the other end. All bures are like an interconnect of 2 but some which you may not like have 4 attached they are the cheapest and I would avoid them if you want maximun privacy. Good Luck and enjoy

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
99 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bures on Treasure Island

thanks everyone

Hervey Bay...
Destination Expert
for Fiji
Level Contributor
1,225 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bures on Treasure Island

Hi there

Daydreamer you are welcome! :) I am glad my info has been helpful to you....

I also have to agree with Buzzard on the location any of the bures they mentioned. We personally stayed in bures 56-55. (55 has the better A/C). We thought they were in the best position, as they were pretty much centrally located and within easy walking distance to everything. Plus you are also very handy to the ice machine!! :)

You can also walk between the beach and the inner path, meandering between the bures. It cuts the walk time to the restaurant/pool area in half. Not to mention its alot cooler strolling under the trees too in the hotter months.

Bathurst, Australia
Destination Expert
for Fiji, Viti Levu, Treasure Island, Sonaisali Island, Nadi
Level Contributor
1,525 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bures on Treasure Island

So how big are these icemachines you speak of as i am going in october and are a big fan of ice!

Hervey Bay...
Destination Expert
for Fiji
Level Contributor
1,225 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bures on Treasure Island

As far as ice machines go, I wouldn't say they were huge, but 9/10 times you would be in luck and there would be ice there...sometimes we had to send the poor old kids back to get some for their dear old parents...lol

north qld
3 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Bures on Treasure Island

Hi, we just got back from Treasure Island and I miss it bad. Every bure is a beach side room but I would say that the beach is much more user friendly with any bure starting from 40 upwards. It is only a 5 min walk around the whole Island so the distance is'nt a worry.

get a meal plan as the food is pricey.Not all drinks are Happy hour friendly so watch out for that one.

10. Re: Bures on Treasure Island

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 October 2009, 14:47
Get answers to your questions about Treasure Island