We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Baby going to Treasure island

north qld
3 posts
Save Topic
Baby going to Treasure island

Hi

We are off to Treasure in 2 weeks time...sooo excited.Can anyone tell me about there experience with a baby over there has been.Do they take the baby for dinner with the rest of the kids...what is the baby sitting service like. And very inportant what are the cost of drinks like e.g wine and beer.

Cheers

Auckland
Level Contributor
10 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Baby going to Treasure island

Bula,

We have just returned today from Treasure. We stayed for 6 nights and had a 26 month old and a 14 month old. Treasure was perfect for the kids, they loved the pool and the beach. Children under 3 eat free and just eat the food from the buffet even if you are not eating which is good because we used the half meal plan and just had dinner and breakfast, but the kids still got to have lunch. At 5.30pm every night they have a buffet for the kids. Dinner for the adults doesn't start until 6.45pm. So most nights we took the kids for dinner at 5.30pm and then home for a bottle, book and bed at 7pm. The babysitter came at 7pm and sat outside the room - she never had to do anything as the girls just slept. The babysitter is $5 per hour and this needs to be paid in cash directly to the babysitter. We kept the kids up for 2 nights but to be honest they stayed with us we didn't look into it but I don't think they would have been able to take them while we ate unless the kids club person didn't have kids? They do have the kids from 7pm - 9pm but that is for over 3.

We found it best for us to keep the girls in a steady bedtime routine which is why we used the babysitter, pretty affordable and gives you your own relaxing time. My girls have regular snacks so I took a lot of snack food for them instead of having to buy anything. They do have complimentary tea, coffee and biscuits everyday at 3pm however. Hopefully that helps.

2. Re: Baby going to Treasure island

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 October 2009, 21:50
Get answers to your questions about Treasure Island