We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Treasure Island Accommodation

Australia
Level Contributor
412 posts
44 reviews
Save Topic
Treasure Island Accommodation

Hi

We are thinking of staying at Treasure Island in May this year.

We will probably go for the Island bure.

Can anyone advise me what bure or what side of island to request? Have the island bures been refurbished recently?

Do the Oceanview bures have a higher standard of accommodation, or the same as the Island bure? Is there that much difference in their position/outlook? Are the bures close together?

Thanks-Babz

Gold Coast
Level Contributor
309 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Treasure Island Accommodation

thanks cricket 123

I was pretty excited to look at a website I hadnt seen yet!

Hervey Bay...
Destination Expert
for Fiji
Level Contributor
1,225 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Treasure Island Accommodation

Hahaha.

Thats fantastic. I am so glad I could help!

Have fun choosing your resort! Let us know where you decide on going too. :)

Gold Coast
Level Contributor
309 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Treasure Island Accommodation

oh dear!

I've discovered Vomo

Better stop after this glass of red I think...

Australia
Level Contributor
412 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Treasure Island Accommodation

Hi Sharon

I am still undecided as to which island to stay on. The comments about the restaurant being hot at Treasure Island have also put me off.

On the other hand, Mana, as another option, does not read well on their food reviews.

The resorts I really like are out of our price range, so am trying to find the best value, nice accommodation, good food and great snorkelling.

Does anyone have any ideas?

We want to stay for 7 nights.

Thanks-Babz

Gold Coast
Level Contributor
309 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Treasure Island Accommodation

Hi Babz,

I have not stopped researching... it's all consuming at the moment. I've looked all over fiji, vanuatu, hamilton island, even as far a Langkawi. I still keep coming back to Fiji, the kids club and fantastic snorkeling are very important. Beqa island resort has good prices on luxury link (US dollars). But all the reviews seem to be from Americans.

Your right about Mana, we were turned off last year because of the food reviews - it seems it has not changed.

One thing I have thought of is paying the surcharge & dinning outside at Treasure.

I'm driving myself crazy!!!

Australia
Level Contributor
412 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Treasure Island Accommodation

Hi Dayreamer

I guess all we can do is keep looking, until the right solution comes up!

Babz

Hervey Bay...
Destination Expert
for Fiji
Level Contributor
1,225 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Treasure Island Accommodation

Hi all, me again...:)

I see that the idea of dining in a hot restaurant at Treasure has a couple of you a little worried. Have you thought that perhaps it might not be as hot in Fiji during their winter months?

When we went it was March, so naturally it was very hot and humid. The lack of A/C in the restaurant just made it feel worse. You could always request a table nearer to the door too, as the doors on the north side of the restaurant open right up and look out over the pool area. Very nice....

I do know the delema you are both facing. Its such a huge decision, not to mention expense, to make based solely on pics and other peoples reviews....We always try to narrow our search by listing whats most important to us in a holiday and then finding the resort to suit our needs....and yes I know...even thats harder said than done! ;)

Anyway, have fun researching, as thats really is half the fun....even if it is driving you insane in the process. lol

Let us know where you decide to go...

Gold Coast
Level Contributor
309 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Treasure Island Accommodation

Hi cricket 123

thanks for the advice, yep I have gotten carried away with my research - about 4 - 5 hours a day!

I mentioned to babz2005 that we could even pay the surcharge and dine outside.

Sharon

Australia
Level Contributor
1,474 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Treasure Island Accommodation

Try and get a few quotes for Castaway, definitely worth every cent especially if you can get the meal plan.

Rene

20. Re: Treasure Island Accommodation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 October 2009, 05:48
Get answers to your questions about Treasure Island