We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Alabama beaches

Arlington, Texas
6 posts
Alabama beaches

I am planning a trip to Orange Beach around the middle of September but I am concerned about the weather. I know that it's hurricane season at this point but the only opening in my calendar is at this time. Should this be a concern or am I worrying for nothing. I need suggestions please. And would take any suggestions of places to stay. Thanks.

11 replies to this topic
Tyler, Texas
Level Contributor
8,133 posts
104 reviews
1. Re: Alabama beaches

Not enough info to suggest places to stay.

Hurricanes..options....have trip insurance,

know exactly your refund policy. which most often is...you get your money back, ONLY IF ORDERED TO EVACUATE,

be willing to lose money.

Frankly, I'd do latter. . You will not get money back for "bad weather".

Rates begin to change after Labor Day but be aware there are fall events.

Hurricanes happen. If you are not picky, you could in Sept make last minutes reservations when you know the weather.

Arlington, Texas
6 posts
2. Re: Alabama beaches

Thanks for the info. I wasn’t sure if trip insurance would be possible.

Arlington, Texas
6 posts
3. Re: Alabama beaches

Thanks for the info. I wasn’t sure if trip insurance would be possible.

Tyler, Texas
Level Contributor
8,133 posts
104 reviews
4. Re: Alabama beaches

https://www.travelexinsurance.com/…

Loxley, Alabama
Level Contributor
681 posts
4 reviews
5. Re: Alabama beaches

Nobody knows when, where or even if there will be any storm, but the most intense are USUALLY the last 10 days of August and first 2 weeks of Sept. Definitely know your refund pilocies.

Gulf Shores, Alabama
Destination Expert
for Gulf Shores
Level Contributor
1,378 posts
602 reviews
6. Re: Alabama beaches

September is a wonderful time to be at our beach. Yes it is hurricane season, but that will be the same for any beach you choose to go to on the gulf or Atlantic coast. It is very hard to advise this far out what hurricane season will look like. We haven't had a major hurricane since 2005 if that's any consolation. They are predicting a low chance of getting an El Nino, which would suppress Atlantic hurricanes. That doesn't mean we will or won't get one though. This sight might help

https:/…57671-hurricane-season.html

Interestingly the first two names for this year, Alberto and Beryl both hit our area back in the 90's.

Try looking at any of the Phoenix properties for two three bedroom condos and good beach access.

Gulf Shores, Alabama
Level Contributor
334 posts
7. Re: Alabama beaches

There are some good suggestions here. Trip insurance is a good idea.In the event of a storm, you will receive plenty of notice to evacuate if necessary.

Arlington, Texas
6 posts
8. Re: Alabama beaches

Thank you. We want to stay on orange beach, any suggestions on where to stay?

Birmingham, Alabama
Level Contributor
99 posts
22 reviews
9. Re: Alabama beaches

Orange Beach has a lot of nice condos but do you want an indoor pool, just the beach, simple, luxury? Need more info. Regarding hurricanes, they are really rare. I would not cancel a plan because of a concern about hurricanes. Most places give you a refund if a hurricane warning is in place, and the hurricane center is mucho generoso when it comes to the warning area so you will have plenty of time. Stuff you see on the news is sensationalized. All you have to do is pack your bags and go when they issue a warning.

Arlington, Texas
6 posts
10. Re: Alabama beaches

I would like some place very kid friendly for my grand kids. Also would like a large condo doesn’t have to be extravagant but want something really nice. Need lots of room for kids to play inside and on the balcony. If any places have kid pools or water park type places to play that would be a plus.

Reply to: Alabama beaches
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Orange Beach