We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Traffic Mobile and Daphne

Tennessee
Level Contributor
176 posts
24 reviews
Traffic Mobile and Daphne

We are visiting, in a couple weeks, for the first time and are planning on staying in Mobile and visiting the Battleship, DI, and Fort Gaines. I also booked one night over around Daphne as we were looking at possibly going to Fairhope and Gulf Coast Zoo. This would be on a weekday. I realize being summer, weekdays vs. weekends probably don't matter much, but, realistically, what traffic time are we looking at to get to zoo. I know it says on a good day it's an hour, but, I also know it's summer and it's the direction everyone is going to get to the shores. If it is pretty common that it will be stand still traffic and take three hours to get there, then maybe we will pass. Also, are we going to have that same traffic issue going to DI? We will be there the 17th just before the fishing rodeo starts on the 20th. We are used to heavy traffic and standstills at home, but of course we know back roads.

Tyler, Texas
Level Contributor
8,133 posts
104 reviews
1. Re: Traffic Mobile and Daphne

Traffic will not be a big issue

But Mobile and Daphne are VERY close, literally 7 minutes..stay in one or other.. I10 at 27/182 called Malbis exit has several choices

Take 98 from 10 to Foley..on the way stop at the Estuarine Center at Fish River.

Tyler, Texas
Level Contributor
8,133 posts
104 reviews
2. Re: Traffic Mobile and Daphne

The traffic issue is at the I10 tunnel late afternoon virtually any day. Use 90,98 causeway for your travels. We worked in Mobile and lived in Fairhope and made sure we did not use I10 bridge if possible.

Be sure to visit the pier in Fairhope, eat at Market by the Bay for fried shrimp , visit Latteda coffee shop. Mr Genes Beans for icecream

Tyler, Texas
Level Contributor
8,133 posts
104 reviews
3. Re: Traffic Mobile and Daphne

Btw..the battleship is steel...hot hot hot...go as early as possible. 5 rivers center outdooralabama.com/5-rivers-alabamas-delta-r… may be a better choice..2 minutes away

Tyler, Texas
Level Contributor
8,133 posts
104 reviews
4. Re: Traffic Mobile and Daphne

If you want a chance to see gators... at the east end of the causeway is Alligator Alley

alabama.travel/places-to-go/gator-alley-boar…

Tyler, Texas
Level Contributor
8,133 posts
104 reviews
5. Re: Traffic Mobile and Daphne

Virtually every seafood restaurant on the causeway is excellent except Ralph and Cacoos.

See Felix, Eds, RandR, Original Oyster house, Bluegill

Tennessee
Level Contributor
176 posts
24 reviews
6. Re: Traffic Mobile and Daphne

Thanks for all the great information. Feel better traffic wise now.

7. Re: Traffic Mobile and Daphne

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 July 2018, 10:48