We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Free walking tours in Melaka

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
22 posts
35 reviews
Free walking tours in Melaka

Lonely Planet covers two free walking tours in Melaka. Kampung Morten from Villa Stensosa at 4pm on Fridays. Old Melaka Heritage Tour from The Tourism Office on Thursday's at 9am.. Does anyone know if these tours are still in operation? I am asking as Lonely Planet mentions a free historic walking tour in Kuala Lumpur that was cancelled effective this Spring. If anyone has taken either of these walking tours your thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

12 replies to this topic
Malaysia
Level Contributor
43 posts
6 reviews
1. Re: Free walking tours in Melaka

Kampung Morten tours run every Mon, Wed and Fri from 5:00 - 6:30 pm. Registration at 4:45 pm at Kg Morten fountain. Check in with the museum for Old Malacca heritage tours or call + 6 06 2826 526. We take our guests on the Kg Morten walks: they love it.

Malaysia
Level Contributor
43 posts
6 reviews
2. Re: Free walking tours in Melaka

For Old Malacca heritage tours, every Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday at 9:00 am. Registration at Tourist Info Center located along Jalan Kota, Malacca.

Bali, Indonesia
Destination Expert
for Ubud, Pemuteran, Yogyakarta Region
Level Contributor
12,549 posts
129 reviews
3. Re: Free walking tours in Melaka

I just took the Malaka tour from the Tourist Info center this spring. I didnt' even know it was on, just happened to walk in right when they were about to start. Very interesting and good tour leader as well. It covers a lot of ground but gives you a lot of time to have a good look around.

1 post
4. Re: Free walking tours in Melaka

Hi MangoMunky,

My friends and I are planning to have a day-trip in Melaka but most of the schedule for guided tour I saw begins late in the afternoon. I'm wondering what time did you walk in at the Tourist Info Center for the free guided tour (and hope we could also chance upon it)?

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
22 posts
35 reviews
5. Re: Free walking tours in Melaka

MadgeD & MangoMunky appreciate your input on these two tours in Melaka, thanks so much.

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
1 post
11 reviews
6. Re: Free walking tours in Melaka

Kampung Morten Melaka, Cultural and Heritage FREE Walk will be suspended from December 2018. From January 2019, it will be a paid tour. For more information please email to shaukaniabbas@gmail.com

Melaka, Malaysia
Level Contributor
1 post
2 reviews
7. Re: Free walking tours in Melaka

A new Melaka Free Walking Tour was recently started and you can learn more about it at https://JomMelaka.com

8. Re: Free walking tours in Melaka

Thanks for the info James. We are in Melaka Thursday and Friday, depart Sat unfortunately, so will miss the tour.

Melaka, Malaysia
1 post
9. Re: Free walking tours in Melaka

Hi Journey683413, we've updated our schedule to cover Wednesday, Friday and Sunday if you are still planning to join us.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
6,566 posts
84 reviews
10. Re: Free walking tours in Melaka

We have signed up to do this tour in January. These guys were very helpful in a little booking issue we had and we are looking forward to the tour, covers lots of great spots in Melaka.

Cheers

Sean

Reply to: Free walking tours in Melaka
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted