We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus to KL from Melaka

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
11 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Bus to KL from Melaka

Are there any companies with recommendations, or to be avoided?

Thanks

7 replies to this topic
Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
3,051 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bus to KL from Melaka

After a few bad scares , I will rather forgo the bus trip or walk then to use "Express Kesatuan"..

KKKL failed to pick me up while I was in Singapore & within Malaysia they were inconsistent in their service as well , so I try to avoid them as well..

Oddyssey Buses are quite good in their service.

Just take note the seat arrangements are different for each company..

Some like Delima, only offers 2+2 seat arrangement while Mayang Sari offers buses with 2+1 Seat arrangement , i.e. only 1 row on the driver's left side & solo travelers like me try to get them..

Cheers

Scooby

Save Reply
2. Re: Bus to KL from Melaka

Hi, I am Malaysian and if you are on some sort of budget, for sure go for Konsortium Bas (KBES) is definitely the most reliable and for the money(bang for the buck) i would say 7/9 out of 10 quality and service, good drivers. I have heard good things about Transnasional, Mara Liner and Transstar too and I believe they have premium buses (meals,infotainment and WiFi provided) for certain routes. Overall express buses here are pretty decent, hope that helps :)

Sydney
Level Contributor
391 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bus to KL from Melaka

I normally just go for the next VIP bus that comes along, and the cheapie companies don't usually have VIPs. FWIW Malaysian VIP buses are better than anything you will find here in Australia.

13 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Bus to KL from Melaka

Hi, Everyone.

How long does it take from Melaka to KL through bus?

Thank you! 😊

Ho Chi Minh City...
Level Contributor
1,629 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bus to KL from Melaka

It takes 2 to 2.5 hours

13 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Bus to KL from Melaka

Thank you, Hans! 😊😊

Conwy, United...
Destination Expert
for Penang Island, Sarawak, George Town
Level Contributor
5,035 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bus to KL from Melaka

It is only 2 - 2.5 hours - any bus will do. I use the 'local' bus service - very basic, very cheap but the same travel time has VIP buses.

Reply to: Bus to KL from Melaka
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted