We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Average weekly costs

Coventry, United...
Level Contributor
16 posts
84 reviews
Average weekly costs

Hi we are going Goa for 3 weeks in Jan any idea of what we will spend weekly.

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
1,428 posts
20 reviews
1. Re: Average weekly costs

very hard question to answer pends what you intend to do and also the pound which worth around £200 pound less per £1000 than it was this time last year but you should be ok if you average 5000rps a day

sharon

rastrick
Level Contributor
1,758 posts
35 reviews
2. Re: Average weekly costs

The last couple of years we have averaged £600 per couple per fortnight,and that's not scrimping.this season we be expecting it to rise to £800 due to the poor exchange rates.

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
5,199 posts
12 reviews
3. Re: Average weekly costs

We always too a £1000 and could not spend it all. We ate out in some fancy places too.

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
1,169 posts
8 reviews
4. Re: Average weekly costs

Don't forget to also factor in the usual prices rises across the board.

Liverpool, England...
Level Contributor
1,925 posts
14 reviews
5. Re: Average weekly costs

Most people seem to say around the £50 a day mark, if your budjet is tight you could manage on half that many long stayers do but allow for the fall in the pound

Rotherham, United...
Level Contributor
6,838 posts
111 reviews
6. Re: Average weekly costs

Normally we'd spend an average of £30 a day but this season expecting over £40 and building in a buffer will plan for it being £50.

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
1,169 posts
8 reviews
7. Re: Average weekly costs

Eating & drinking for the day for 2 at one of the Big Rip Off Shacks you would easily spend £20-25 that's before going out for an evening meal with drinks. £50/day for a 2 week holidaymaker in Candolim sounds about right.

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
208 posts
108 reviews
8. Re: Average weekly costs

As far as food is concerned you can dine out at below budget restaurants:

- Navtara Calangute - Candolim Rd.

- Kamat hotel Panjim near Church of Our Lady of the Immaculate Conception.

Goa
Level Contributor
910 posts
9. Re: Average weekly costs

This will give you a good idea of costs, as well as restuarant prices, there are a few general prices too. Not all the menus have been updated but I think most have been updated this year - hope it helps

http://www.poipleshadow.com/Restaurant/

Helps if I remember to add the link - doh! :)

Edited: 20 October 2016, 20:52
Southampton, United...
Level Contributor
367 posts
162 reviews
10. Re: Average weekly costs

Just finished a 11 day stay in Calangute...so this is bang up to date. My guest house cost me INR 9600 total. I was booked into Martina's Guest house, a 1 minute walk from the beach and in the small enclave of Maddo Vaddo...unfortunately due to building work, I had to cancel the booking and moved into Joanita's sister's place directly opposite. Breakfast in the Octopus restaurant was INR 110 per day. Your budget will be affected by the value of the pound...but you're still over 10-12 weeks away from your trip.

Make no mistake, Calangute, Goa and India as a whole are no longer the great value they were in the 1980's and 1990's...in fact, pound for pound, Bulgaria is much cheaper, closer and better value.

My 11 days cost me INR 50000... but this did include travel from Varkala, Kerala and as I'm disabled and can't walk too far...tuk tuks were used at least twice a day at INR 100 each way!!!

So my budget was about INR 4750 pd. Currently about £57...so NOT a cheap option. Anyway, enjoy your trip and travel safe.

Get answers to your questions about Calangute
Recent Conversations