We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

day trippr calangute goa

Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Topic
day trippr calangute goa

i am going to goa in November and just wondered if anyone has ever used day tripper to go on any trips like Hampi, Dolphin watching or any other trips,

any info you could give me would be great,

Thanks

Blackpool, United...
Level Contributor
417 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: day trippr calangute goa

Hi

We used daytrippers last month to go to hampi, khola beach and a boat trip to see dolphins. We had no problems at all the service was excellent and we thought the prices were really good. I would definately use them again .

Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: day trippr calangute goa

thank you for the information on day tripper will help me loads

Waterlooville...
Level Contributor
438 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: day trippr calangute goa

There are many negative posts here about Daytripper not being the company with the same level of service that used to be provided...

I've booked through them many times, over several years, and never had anything other than first-class service, at prices that main (UK-based) tour operators could match.

Would recommend highly, regardless of what some posters here suggest.

(In India, and like anywhere else for that matter, one's approach to how one deals with people in business, dictates the quality of service that results.)

Vagator, India
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
4,486 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: day trippr calangute goa

Day-tripper had a lot of problems after Eddy retired and wasn't even doing the Hampi trip for a while but that was a couple of years ago and it sounds like they are now back on track

We booked the Hampi trip with an agent in Candolim as Day-tripper could not help us, it was well organised with a guide travelling with us and we had a great time, think it cost about 3800 Rps per person

More info here tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g297604-i6045-k3…

Derbyshire
Level Contributor
8,876 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: day trippr calangute goa

Daytripper took the Hampi trip off their schedule even before Eddie retired.

We went up to book it and Eddie told us the agent had not been booking train tickets and hotels and he wasn't prepared to risk his reputation unless/until he was sure everything would run smoothly.

He also mentioned a very large compensation payout by a tour operator who'd booked their clients on the trip through the agent, found they had no seats on the train and no accommodation when they got there.

Last time we went up to the office, the Hampi trip had been reinstated.

I've always found Daytripper to be good, although it is a while since we booked anything with them.

If you do a search for 'daytripper' and sort the results by date, you'll get some more information.

We've always found John's Boat Tours to be OK.

6. Re: day trippr calangute goa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 June 2013, 09:10
Get answers to your questions about Calangute