We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Melting Pot

Bishop Auckland...
Level Contributor
520 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Melting Pot

Hello, has anyone had a meal in the melting pot restaurant. Its down a side road on the opposite side of the road to the Ticlo, i think the cricketers pub is down the same road.Thanks Baz

dewsburyYorkshire
Level Contributor
4,433 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Melting Pot

Yes we went there for meal in Dec. it was very nice, but--could never get in after that in all our10wks stay, Was alays packed as it had Kareoki on, which to us spoilt it with it only being small place and they had to use a tablr for the equipment! Baz--what did you want to kinow!about it!.!!!!!

Brighton
Level Contributor
1,025 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Melting Pot

Hi Baz,

Yes we had a meal in there one night when we didn’t fancy going too far (we were staying down the end of the lane). Food was nice, service was OK.

London
Level Contributor
596 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Melting Pot

karaoki...OMG

Anywhere that introduces karaoki needs to understand that straightaway the more discerning customer will go somewhere else. These will be replaced with less discerning customers who seem to think that others will want to hear their sad attempts at singing and that constitutes a good night out.

As a business model, it might succeed but not every night. Most bars understand this and on their single karioke night will have a 'chips with everything menu', wider seats, and pictures of Benidorm on the wall to make everybody feel at home.

Of course, Indian domestic tourists think this is the height of sophistication and pack the place out.

LIVERPOOL
Level Contributor
8,849 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Melting Pot

Lol whisperer1, I totally agree with you.

Calangute, India
Level Contributor
3,812 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Melting Pot

ditto!

Bishop Auckland...
Level Contributor
520 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Melting Pot

ThornhillLass, we called in on our last night cause we did'nt want a curry. The menu looked good and cheap enough but only did Indian. (I know we were in India. )We are hoping to go back in March and was just wondering what it was like. Baz

England Wigan
Level Contributor
396 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Melting Pot

hi we had a meal there in march it was nice its the same family that own the cricketers pub if you go at dusk you will need the mossie spray on

dewsburyYorkshire
Level Contributor
4,433 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Melting Pot

Hi Baz--they must have changed menu then as it was a mixed menu when we went in Dec--although we did have a curry there which was lovely. Dannypipeman--i didnt know that it belonged to same family..Melting Pot was new this season--ithink--dont remember it last year when we went to Mirabar--which i think is over-rated and wont go back there!

Bishop Auckland...
Level Contributor
520 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Melting Pot

Hello Danny sorry i missed you at the Ticlo did you have a good one ?. Baz

England Wigan
Level Contributor
396 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Melting Pot

hi baz yes we had a great time our apartment was overlooking the pool we sat round the pool a few days i did look out for you but going off your profile picture i was not sure,

thornhill we went in the cricketers last season asked for food and they gave us the melting pot menu it was defo there,

Get answers to your questions about Calangute