We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Walking distance to Anjuna?

Gloucester, United...
Level Contributor
47 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Walking distance to Anjuna?

This may be a bit of a long-shot but I have noticed that Anjuna is just over a headland from Baga Beach. Can you walk along a headland path to Anjuna from Baga Beach? There looks like there is a path from the Cliffs Beach Shack.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
5,109 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Walking distance to Anjuna?

My husband walked from the other side of Calangute to Anjuna over the headland path in January, it took him about an hour and a half, he walks a lot so probably was walking quite fast. I guess it would take about an hour from Baga.

Nottingham
Level Contributor
893 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Walking distance to Anjuna?

Hi Jonesry.

Simple answer is yes. There is a high path and a low path. The low path is the easiest but much better at low tide. If you are uncertain then it is best to go on a Wed morning as quite a few people walk to the market, just follow them.

Ray

milton keynes
Level Contributor
777 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Walking distance to Anjuna?

you can also if you take a right as you come over the new bridge and take a left opposite mackies market walk the back route to anjuna, it takes you through some quieter areas of the villages. i walk a lot for the exersize and quite enjoy this one

milton keynes
Level Contributor
777 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Walking distance to Anjuna?

i was warned by some locals that there have been a few muggings of people walking alone over the headland, dont know if it's true but worth bearing in mind

blackpool
Level Contributor
66 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Walking distance to Anjuna?

Hi Jonesry. This is very tongue in cheek but here goes. I remember 2 years ago we walked around the headland to Anjuna. It was the first week of November and not many people had walked that way for quite some time so it was rather overgrown. I say overgrown but what i mean is we had to make our own paths. Now. just to let you know i am quite fit and healthy but i thought i was going to die. I love a good walk but this was the most uncomfortable walk i have ever done in my life. There was 3 of us and we were so hot and bothered, When we eventually got to the market an hour and a half later i sat in the sea , got a drink and then a cab straight back to the hotel. We laughed about it for days later. I remember at one point there was the three of us trying to crouch down by this boulder to find shelter from the sun , grown adults pushing each other out of the way just to get a little respite. There was no escape. I could quite easily have murdered somebody. In the distance following our path( or should i say trampled down branches and trees) my brother saw a couple from our hotel ( who are a lot older than us) He panicked and said I'll go and help them to which i replied. THE FIRST RULE OF HEALTH AND SAFETY IS TO SAVE YOURSELF FIRST. WE will SEND HELP LATER. Anyway we all lived to see another day.... On your head be it... Ha Ha

6. Re: Walking distance to Anjuna?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 October 2012, 13:55
Get answers to your questions about Calangute
Recent Conversations