We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Beach Shacks in Goa

scotland
Level Contributor
9 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Best Beach Shacks in Goa

Simons Place Beach Shack is definitely the best little shack on Calungute beach. Situated in front of the Empire Beach Resort, Calungute it's in a quieter spot of beach away from the hustle and bustle of Baga. Simon who runs the shack makes all his customers feel very warm and welcome and will do anything to make your stay in Goa a thoroughly good one. He arranged 2 birthday parties at the shack in very short notice and we all had an excellent time. The food is superb and he does a wonderful barbecue on Sunday evening serving up fish, meats, chicken etc and although I'm vegetarian he made me tandoori paneer, scrummy. Joti and Raj who work for Simon are wonderful and will do anything to help you during your stay,Joti is a woman of many talents,pedicures,manicures,massage,henna etc. This is our third year in a row we have been regular customers and like many of Simons customers/friends we will be back again, we

miss them already! If you visit Calungute beach make a point of visiting Simons Place for excellent food and company.

Redditch, United...
Level Contributor
10,460 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Beach Shacks in Goa

I take it you mean its the best shack in your opinion...

Everyone has their favourites.

Glad you found a nice place to spend you days whilst in the sun....;-)

scotland
Level Contributor
9 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Beach Shacks in Goa

Yep I appreciate this is my opinion but it's always nice to share your thoughts of places you think others may enjoy.

lancashire
Level Contributor
120 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Beach Shacks in Goa

Best shack in my opinion is WAGAMAMMA in Candolim, the freshest and best food, also cold glasses.

scotland
Level Contributor
31 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Beach Shacks in Goa

Jolly Jack's is my favourite!

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,595 posts
249 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best Beach Shacks in Goa

Hiya my fav is Shinning Star at the end of Baga Beach, I know it's a little noisey for some, but I like to people watch and the laugh of seeing people on the jet skis and trying to get into the boats (me included)etc. The food is always good at the shack and I often go back in the evening for a lobster and to sit a chill out with a cold drink or three!!!!!

Boo

LIVERPOOL
Level Contributor
8,849 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best Beach Shacks in Goa

Waggamamma on Candolim beach for the daytime and Bottle Bay at Baga for the nightime. What a great place to chill.

Mumbai
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Best Beach Shacks in Goa

Jolly Jack is another wonderful place at Calangute beach ...

This guy Derek and his team would ensure to make you have a memorable time ...

Greenford, Middx.
Level Contributor
1,717 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best Beach Shacks in Goa

On our last visit a couple of years back we tried Aggies ...... he was really friendly & I wanted to return, but the friends we were with liked the Flying Dolphin Beach shack & couldn't be bothered to move for 3 days.

When we return in 3 weeks time (Steps does a quick victory dance) I'm going to try all the following Beach Shacks after reading everyone's tips: -

Shining Star

Brittos – trip advisor recommended but food & service can vary

Bottlebay

Bistro – BBQ Tues nights

Oceanic

Skylark

Xaviers

Boscos

Big Banana – apparantly does great cocktails

Bobbys Shack

TGI Fridays

Baywatch

Simons Place

Jolly Jacks

Wagamamma

Lawrencio

Zappas

Bobbys Shack

Sea n Sand

Club21

Ganesh

Calamari

That's 22 shacks to try in 14 days ..... COME ON!!!!!

Heckmondwike, West...
Level Contributor
1,342 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Best Beach Shacks in Goa

Ours is Sam Paradise at the top end of Candolim beach going up to Calangute, we've used this shack for the last 8 years, we usually have a day down at Ganesh, but the beach is not so good now down that end.

DebyC

Loughborough...
Level Contributor
429 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Best Beach Shacks in Goa

They all sound great!! Has anyone got any shacks to recommend in Cavelossim?? Mind you we go in November and they probably won't be up by then but you never know!!

Get answers to your questions about Calangute
Recent Conversations