We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

just booked calangute - santa monica - 3 weeks December 08

Scotland
Level Contributor
15 posts
1 review
Save Topic
just booked calangute - santa monica - 3 weeks December 08

Woo hoo. going back to goa for teh second time. Went south in 2006, off to santa manica in the north in december for three weeks and cant wait. has anyone stayed in santa monica before. Bit late to cahnge our mind but would be nice to hear some reviews

Wales, United...
Level Contributor
738 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: just booked calangute - santa monica - 3 weeks December 08

yes we stayed there 2 years ago. A basic clean hotel in a central location about a 10 min walk to the beach and the same to the town. We are going to Baga in April cant wait.

Warrington, United...
Level Contributor
41 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: just booked calangute - santa monica - 3 weeks December 08

I'm off to the Santa Monica on the 8th March for two weeks, so will let you know on my return.

There have been good and bad reviews about the hotel.

Can't wait never been to Goa before.

sooooo excited!!!!!!

Scotland
Level Contributor
15 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: just booked calangute - santa monica - 3 weeks December 08

its a great place. we went 2 years ago but stayed in arrosim in south goa, heritage villiage. we had such a great time which is why we are going back. It is ridiculouly cheap to eat and drink and the locals could not be any frientlier. i am sure you will have a great tiem. keep me posted on the santa monica.

uk england
Level Contributor
599 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: just booked calangute - santa monica - 3 weeks December 08

hiya im off there on saturday 2 more sleeps my inlaws are already there they rang us today and said its great they are staying in marinha dourada think thats how its spelt but the staff at the santa monica showed them our room and its just what i asked for 1st floor looking over the pool said the staff are lovely and they wished they would of booked this hotel instead of the one there in soon has i get back ill let you know jinny

uk
Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: just booked calangute - santa monica - 3 weeks December 08

Hi.

We stayed at the Santa Monica 3 yrs ago & it was great!.

Wish I was staying there this yr, we are going to the Summervile Beach Resort in Candolim this yr.

Waiters at the Santa Monica are great.

Anthony was our personal favourite, very well mannered & attentive.

Frankie was our second fav, mainly cus he remembered my Hubby's brother from 2 yrs before our visit, really funny kid.

Then there was Dave, at least that's what we called him (big lad cant miss him), bit of a jack-the-lad but liked a laugh & getting involved.

The cleaning staff were brill. On our last night there they arranged our towels on the bed in the shape of two swans sitting inside a love heart with a little note for us.

You wont regret staying there I'm sure.

Warrington, United...
Level Contributor
41 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: just booked calangute - santa monica - 3 weeks December 08

Hiya

just got back from the Santa Monica.

hotel is clean, friendly and the food is good and cheap, ate there loads.

Staff are great same as above Anthony is the best Waiter so kind and always attentive, Frankie is lovely smiles a lot. We tried to give Anthony a tip for him self but he said we share lol.

It's a basic 2 star in Goa so if you don't expect too much then you will be very happy.

If you get a bad room then just ask for another they will sort it with no fuss.

we are about to book again for next year, best recommendation i can give!!!!

Any thing Else you want to know just ask.

maharastra
Level Contributor
33 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: just booked calangute - santa monica - 3 weeks December 08

You can’t leave NZ without trying out the bushrider! Just strap up and lose control as you slide, spin and climb through the local farmlands. The bushride is around about $NZ 40 for an hour and a half of adventure.

St.Annes, Lancashire
Level Contributor
1,206 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: just booked calangute - santa monica - 3 weeks December 08

I think bobthebus will have some kind of reply to make to this last post!!

9. Re: just booked calangute - santa monica - 3 weeks December 08

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 September 2009, 07:49