We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Westwinds accommodation

Hemel Hempstead...
Level Contributor
124 posts
76 reviews
51 helpful votes
Westwinds accommodation
Save

Hi,

Has anyone got any experience of staying at West winds accommodation I have seen a great place on airbnb but just wondered if there was much nearby to it in terms of places to eat or do you need a scooter?

4 replies to this topic
Seaton, United...
Level Contributor
1,368 posts
374 reviews
323 helpful votes
1. Re: Westwinds accommodation
Save

I don't particularly like the location of Westwinds mainly because I don't ride bikes or hire scooters. To get to the main village, about a 10 minute walk, and the beach, about another 20 minutes walk, you have to walk along a very busy road for a short distance (3/4 minutes) and then quite a busy road (5/8 minutes).

We have friends that have stayed there and I know someone who owns a property there and from what I understand the accommodation, swimming pool and gardens are very good.

For us, it's just the busy road and the lunatic scooter, car, bus and truck drivers!

PM me if you want any further information about Benaulim. We've been going for many years.

Edited: 1 year ago
Hemel Hempstead...
Level Contributor
124 posts
76 reviews
51 helpful votes
2. Re: Westwinds accommodation
Save

That's great info thankyou , we do always have a scooter and have done calangute at Xmas (so busy roads is off the scale!) But the last few years we have been in Morjim.

Another possible option is Mistral which is a tad closer to the beach.

Really looking for closer to beach if poss but v similar to westwinds

Wakefield, United...
Level Contributor
123 posts
158 reviews
53 helpful votes
3. Re: Westwinds accommodation
Save

We stayed in Mistral apartment December 2019, see my review. Fantastic accommodation! Jasmine very helpful. 10 minute walk to the beach along quiet road. Restaurant at end of the drive. Main area Benaulim 10 minutes with numerous restaurants and shops.

Seaton, United...
Level Contributor
1,368 posts
374 reviews
323 helpful votes
4. Re: Westwinds accommodation
Save

Yes, I agree, Mistral is a much better location. The food in the restaurant at the end of the drive is very good but the service can be very, very slow.

Not a long walk to Jack's Corner. Not the best ambience in the world but the food is excellent especially the vindaloo. OH has Indian roots and had vindaloo cooked by her grandmother and Jack's is as close as it gets. Not hot like UK vindaloo but flavour to die for.

The walk to the beach is also much quieter on that road rather than the one from Westwinds

Reply to: Westwinds accommodation
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Benaulim
© 2022 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in India. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.