We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Space Camp Family Program

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
355 posts
106 reviews
Save Topic
Space Camp Family Program

Looking for feedback. I am interested in attending this summer with my boys (11&14), and would love to have some thoughts on the program from anyone who has knowledge. Thanks!

Mississippi
Level Contributor
12,999 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Space Camp Family Program

My son lives in Huntsville and he's got a couple of boys who have attended. They really enjoyed it. Good luck and enjoy your trip.

Athens, Alabama
Level Contributor
3,778 posts
390 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Space Camp Family Program

I can't speak for the family program but my children enjoyed every camp session they attended at Space Camp over the years. They especially liked X-Camp. Probably not many locals that do the family camp as most just send their kids so you may not get a family camp specific answer. Ever consider just sending your kids? Thousands have done it and to my knowledge they have never lost one.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
355 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Space Camp Family Program

I don't have issue with sending the kids alone, but am interested in finding something fun we can do together for a quick family trip. Thanks for all of the feedback thus far!

Shenzhen, China
Level Contributor
8 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Space Camp Family Program

I'm also looking into this, so any feedback on the family camp would be greatly appreciated!

Athens, Alabama
Level Contributor
3,778 posts
390 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Space Camp Family Program

There's not a lot of activity on the Huntsville forum. You might try signing up for access to the Space Camp blog where you may have better luck communicating with camp alumni.

http://www.spacecamp.com/blog/sc/space-camp

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
355 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Space Camp Family Program

Thanks Coastermeister!

Huntsville, Alabama
Level Contributor
42 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Space Camp Family Program

I think getting your own flight suit would be reason enough! :)

Gadsden, Alabama
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Space Camp Family Program

I was wondering if you went to the Family Space Camp at Huntsville or not. Also wondering about the lodging at the camp. I am a mom wanting to take my 9 year old son, but I didn't know how the lodging would be arranged. Thanks for any info!

Tyler, Texas
Level Contributor
6,795 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Space Camp Family Program

From their website:

Meals and lodging are included in all of our family camp programs. Lodging is on-site in our Habitat facilities, and meals are on-site in the Space Camp Crew Galley. An extended four-day family program is offered on selected holiday weekends.

Check-In: Friday, 11 a.m. – 1 p.m.

Graduation: Three-Day Program – Sunday 11 a.m.; Four-Day Program – Monday 11 a.m.

Call 1-800-63-SPACE to request more information.

10. Re: Space Camp Family Program

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 October 2013, 14:45
Get answers to your questions about Huntsville