We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Solo Traveler To Salvador and Recife

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
45 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Solo Traveler To Salvador and Recife

I am looking to travel to Salvador for four (4) nights and Recife for three (3) in November...and so far, it's going to be a solo voyage. I have been to Salvador and feel comfortable navigating alone, however, I'm looking for input on Recife for a solo traveler. My travel style is 'off the beaten path,' but I'm not sure if that's the way to go in Recife. If so, do you have any suggestions for a place to stay and things to do? I love the beach and local culture. Any help is appreciated!

Maragogi, AL
Destination Expert
for Maragogi, Maceio, Porto de Galinhas, Recife, Japaratinga, Tamandare, Costa dos Corais
Level Contributor
4,463 posts
213 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Solo Traveler To Salvador and Recife

Culturally, historically and scenically Recife is great especially if you stay in Olinda at a bed and breakfast. As for the beach, no. It's beaches are too urban, eroded and shark prone. But, Recife is the jumping off place for two days in Fernando da Noronha, that special island that you fly to off the coast. Check out the details here in the TA pages on Olinda and Noronha.

Edited: 19 June 2011, 05:07
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
45 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Solo Traveler To Salvador and Recife

Thank you for you input!

New York, New York...
Level Contributor
15 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Solo Traveler To Salvador and Recife

I heard Porto de Galinas is nice....any thoughts? I am going to Salvador and have 2 days to figure out what to do from there...

Maragogi, AL
Destination Expert
for Maragogi, Maceio, Porto de Galinhas, Recife, Japaratinga, Tamandare, Costa dos Corais
Level Contributor
4,463 posts
213 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Solo Traveler To Salvador and Recife

There are so many wonderful beaches closer to Salvador why get into a plane and visit Porto de Galinhas. Stick to the state of Bahia.

New York, New York...
Level Contributor
15 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Solo Traveler To Salvador and Recife

Any place great for snorkeling....that is what we really want to do!!?? :)

Maragogi, AL
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
4,463 posts
213 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Solo Traveler To Salvador and Recife

I understand that you are looking to spend two days at another beach to snorkel. Right. This is for October? I don't live near Bahia, Maragogi is more to the north in Alagoas. I will try to check and lets hope that someone from that region will also respond. I will also try to do a search in other languages.

Maragogi, AL
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
4,463 posts
213 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Solo Traveler To Salvador and Recife

In English see the results of this search in the Bahia Forum:

www.tripadvisor.com/SearchForums…

Let me know if this helps.

San Jose, California
Level Contributor
6 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Solo Traveler To Salvador and Recife

would you have any recommendations for Bed and Breakfast?

I can't seem to find much online.

9. Re: Solo Traveler To Salvador and Recife

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 January 2014, 07:46