We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Darjeeling Mail

Texas
Level Contributor
31 posts
Save Topic
The Darjeeling Mail

I am planning a trip to Kolkata and Darjeeling.My travelling dates are not fixed yet so I cannot book any rail tickets.

Is it possible to get tickets of the Darjeeling mail two or three days before the journey?

I am also confused about the 2 tiers AC and First class AC.IS there a attached toilet with the 1st class cabin?How many people are allowed in a cabin?

India
Destination Expert
for Shimla, Manali, Kashmir, Shillong, Sikkim, Uttarakhand, Puri, Darjeeling, Kolkata, Himachal Pradesh, Srinagar, Dalhousie, India, Ladakh, Leh
Level Contributor
37,566 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The Darjeeling Mail

msilvy

You may try Tatkal quota, which issues before the journey. Tickets of general quota will be sold out by then. Log on trainweb.org/railworld/…AC1.jpg for berth arrangements of Indian Railways.

AshisRoy

Edited: 29 April 2012, 16:59
Kolkata, India
Destination Expert
for Kolkata, Darjeeling, India
Level Contributor
8,432 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: The Darjeeling Mail

All you need to know about Indian trains, including pictures are here

www.seat61.com/India.htm

Texas
Level Contributor
31 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: The Darjeeling Mail

Thanks a lot for the information.It is really helpful :)

4. Re: The Darjeeling Mail

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 06:46