We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Old furniture aution house near the Park Street, pls help

Prague
Level Contributor
56 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Old furniture aution house near the Park Street, pls help

During my stay in Kolkata before several months I found auction house oriented on old furniture and antiques mostly from colonial era. I wrote down the address, but I have lost it:( Does anyone know the location of this auction house.

It was located in walk distance from Park Street, to the south from this street. The street was quite broad with trees on the sides, the direction of street was north-south. There was the sign, that the auctions are being held there every Sunday.

Than you very much for your help and I am looking forward my next stay in beautiful and charming city of Kolkata.

Kolkata, India
Destination Expert
for Kolkata, Darjeeling, India
Level Contributor
8,364 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Old furniture aution house near the Park Street, pls help

You are probably talking about the Russel Exchange, its just as you turn left off Park Street into Little Russel Street. A half-minute's walk across the street from the Oxford Bookstore and Park Hotel. A minutes walk from the Park Street Metro station.

This article might refresh your memory.

telegraphindia.com/1070916/…story_8317534.asp

Prague
Level Contributor
56 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Old furniture aution house near the Park Street, pls help

I am absolutely sure, that´s the place, I was talking about. Thank you very much.

3. Re: Old furniture aution house near the Park Street, pls help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 July 2011, 10:57