We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Please help me to plan my Darjeeling trip.

Ranchi, Jharkhand...
2 posts
Save Topic
Please help me to plan my Darjeeling trip.

Hello Sir,

Actually I was planning a trip to Vaishnodevi, but I think I might have to cancel it. So my next destination would be Darjeeling. I would like to move on during this Diwali for 4-5 days trip. Plz help me to plan my journey from Siliguri. This is my personal family programm. Plz suggest me some budgeted hotels also. I wish to see all the tourist spots in Darjeeling and Gangtok. Plz suggest.

India
Destination Expert
for Shimla, Manali, Kashmir, Shillong, Sikkim, Uttarakhand, Puri, Darjeeling, Kolkata, Himachal Pradesh, Srinagar, Dalhousie, India, Ladakh, Leh
Level Contributor
37,432 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Please help me to plan my Darjeeling trip.

JEET147

Darjeeling might be dicey due to some political issues. Make it Gangtok-Pelling, keep Darjeeling optional.

Day1 Arrival at Bagdogra & transfer Gangtok. Stroll around M.G.Marg

Day2 Gangtok. – Nathula Pass (except Mon/Tue), Baba Mandir & Tsomgo Lake.

Day3 To Pelling via Temi Tea Garden, Sandruptse, Namchi.

Day4 Pelling - Rimbi Waterfalls, Kanchenjunga Water Falls, Khecheopalri Lake. Pemayangtse Monastery, Rubduntse Palace Ruins.

Day5 Pelling to NJP/Bagdogra

====================================

Day3 Gangtok to Darjeeling, afternoon - roaming around Mall, coffee at Keventers

Day4 Darjeeling - Tiger Hill, Ghoom Monastery, Toy Train ride, Ropeway ride, Peace Pagoda, Zoo, HMI, Tea Garden.

Day5 Return journey.

Edited: 22 September 2013, 17:16
Long Beach...
5 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Please help me to plan my Darjeeling trip.

we are planning a trip from october 16 - october 20 to darjeeling. what is the strike about? will that be a safe time? i heard the strike was pushed back til october 20? what does that mean for tourists?

im currently in andrha pradesh where there is also political unrest as a tourist and have been fine. is the strike in darjeeling different?

Edited: 24 September 2013, 14:31
India
Destination Expert
for Shimla, Manali, Kashmir, Shillong, Sikkim, Uttarakhand, Puri, Darjeeling, Kolkata, Himachal Pradesh, Srinagar, Dalhousie, India, Ladakh, Leh
Level Contributor
37,432 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Please help me to plan my Darjeeling trip.

The strike in Darjeeling has been withdrawn till 20/10. You can safely plan your trip as per the dates.

Edited: 24 September 2013, 15:22
Long Beach...
5 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Please help me to plan my Darjeeling trip.

great. with only two full days in darjeeling what do you advise for best things to do? we definitely want to do tiger hill at sunrise and see a tea plantation/tea garden. what else do you suggest?

India
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
37,432 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Please help me to plan my Darjeeling trip.

Day1 Arr. Darjeeling, afternoon - roaming around Mall, coffee at Keventers/Glenery's

Day2 Darjeeling - Tiger Hill, Ghoom Monastery, Ropeway ride, Peace Pagoda, Zoo, HMI, Tea Garden.

Day3 Toy Train ride Darjeeling > Kurseong > Darjeeling (9.30-4.30)

Edited: 25 September 2013, 11:45
Long Beach...
5 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Please help me to plan my Darjeeling trip.

we are flying into kolkata and then proceeding to darjeeling. we cannot afford the plane ticket to the closer airport (bodogra?) Anyways, can you kindly tell us what is the fastest and best way to travel to darjeeling from kolkata? how long will it take?

Edited: 25 September 2013, 14:32
India
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
37,432 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Please help me to plan my Darjeeling trip.

Darjeeling mail is the most convenient train from Kolkata, takes approx 8-9 hrs to reach NJP. Darjeeling is 3.5 hrs drive from there.

Edited: 25 September 2013, 15:24
Bengaluru, India
1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: Please help me to plan my Darjeeling trip.

Hey even I am planning a family trip just after Diwali, firstly any planned strike during this time? Should I book my travel in advance from NJP to Darjeeling or will I get cabs from station?

i reach on 5th afternoon, i have full day on 6th and 7th night I take darjeeling mail back to kol.

Do you think Kalimpong would fit to my schedule, is it even worth to plan?

Hastings, New...
Level Contributor
1 post
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Please help me to plan my Darjeeling trip.

I am planning on Trekking from Dhotray, to Joubari, then Sandkaphu and back to Rimbeck ( excuse my spelling ) can any body advise... do I need a guide... do I need a visa for Nepal ( I am from New Zealand )

I was planning on starting and returning from Darjeeling.

Thanks for any advice. Regards Keith

New Delhi
2 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Please help me to plan my Darjeeling trip.

Hi, Vaishnodevi trip is also good but if you change your mind so Darjeeling is best place for travel. The best time to visit this hill station is between April to June and from September to December. There are few hotels i suggest you (1)Central Nirvana 3 star and (2)Bara Mangwa Eco Resort 2 star.