We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Darjeeling Toy Train still running?

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
302 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Darjeeling Toy Train still running?

Hi,

I'm just wondering if the toy train full service from New Jaipalguri to Darjeeling is already running? If it is, where can I buy pre-booked tickets?

If the service is only open partially, where do I have to depart from? I'm looking to take the toy train as a journey more than a joy ride, so I'm trying to arrive in Darjeeling on the train instead of doing a round journey back to Darjeeling.

Thanks.

Ken

Kolkata, India
Destination Expert
for Kolkata, Darjeeling, India
Level Contributor
8,377 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Darjeeling Toy Train still running?

Hi,

The Toy Train is presently running from Darjeeling to Kurseong. You cannot make the full journey to NJP. You can take a car to Kurseong and take the toy train from there. You can book tickets at www.IRCTC.co.in Go to Hill Charter. You need to register and can pay by American Express cards.

India
Destination Expert
for Shimla, Manali, Kashmir, Shillong, Sikkim, Uttarakhand, Puri, Darjeeling, Kolkata, Himachal Pradesh, Srinagar, Dalhousie, India, Ladakh, Leh
Level Contributor
35,878 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Darjeeling Toy Train still running?

Hi Ken,

You won't get the experience of toy train in Joy ride, because it is too short and the journey is within the town only. You can travel from Darjeeling to Karseong and back. The train starts at 9.30 am and back at 4.30 pm. Booking for this journey can be done from Darjeeling/Karseong/NJP railway booking counter.

AshisRoy

Edited: 05 December 2012, 14:00
3. Re: Darjeeling Toy Train still running?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 December 2013, 22:47