We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

visit darjeeling

Dhaka, null...
2 posts
Save Topic
visit darjeeling

i want to see snowfall it will best if it possible in darjeeling,i am also want to go beside darjeeling as i know show is rare in darjeeling,please tell me what will be the parfect time to go visit derjeeling for this purpose,and how much it may cost if i need to go other place for watching snow fall after completing the trip at darjeeling aslo the time

India
Destination Expert
for Shimla, Manali, Kashmir, Shillong, Sikkim, Uttarakhand, Puri, Darjeeling, Kolkata, Himachal Pradesh, Srinagar, Dalhousie, India, Ladakh, Leh
Level Contributor
36,501 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: visit darjeeling

January 1-10 would be ideal time for snowfall in Darjeeling. Though, snowfall does not occur every year in Darjeeling.

Edited: 10 August 2012, 11:54
Dhaka, null...
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: visit darjeeling

is it possible to go sikkim from darjeeling???how long it may take,tell me about the journey and cost???

India
Destination Expert
for Shimla, Manali, Kashmir, Shillong, Sikkim, Uttarakhand, Puri, Darjeeling, Kolkata, Himachal Pradesh, Srinagar, Dalhousie, India, Ladakh, Leh
Level Contributor
36,501 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: visit darjeeling

There is restriction of entry on Bangladesh nationalities in Sikkim.

Edited: 11 August 2012, 08:28
Kolkata, India
Destination Expert
for Kolkata, Darjeeling, India
Level Contributor
8,396 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: visit darjeeling

It is possible to get Entry into Sikkim by getting a Restricted Area Permit, but you have to apply to the Indian Embassy in Dhaka at the time of getting the Visa. It takes about 4-5 hours to drive from Darjeeling to Gangtok.

Kolkata, India
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: visit darjeeling

Dear Ashisda,

Please guide me the 5 day's tour & approx cost (Travel fare) as i am planing to visit Darjeeling in Mid Feb of 2013. Thanks in advance. Once again thanks for guide me for Sikkim Tours.

Regards,

Subhendu

India
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
36,501 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: visit darjeeling

Hi Subhendu,

D1 Arr Bagdogra/NJP, transfer to Darjeeling [Rs.2K]. Afternoon - strolling at the mall.

D2 Early morning - Tiger hill, Batasia Loop, Ghoom Monastery. After lunch - HMI, Zoo, Tenzing rock, Ropeway etc. Rs.1.6K]

D3 Toy train ride to Karseong and back. Evening at Joyees Pub.

D4 To Kalimpong.[Rs.1.5K] Afternoon - Dello, Cactus Garden.[Rs.1K]

D5 Day tour to Lava/Loleygaon. [Rs.2K]. Evening at leisure.

AshisRoy

Edited: 14 August 2012, 16:50
7. Re: visit darjeeling

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2013, 18:46