We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

how to book toy train from NJP to Darjeeling

Dubai, United Arab...
3 posts
Save Topic
how to book toy train from NJP to Darjeeling

dear Asis,

could you advice me how to book toy train from NJP to Darjeeling, i booked my all tickets, but aim not able to book this train ticket even i tried at IRCTC site but i didn't get it, as i am regular reading your texts, so your the person who can suggest or advice me in this regards so i thought to ask you...my kids they are very passionate about to ride on this train. and also i want to know that mid June is right time to visit Darjeeling or not?

149 replies to this topic
India
Destination Expert
for Shimla, Manali, Kashmir, Shillong, Sikkim, Uttarakhand, Puri, Darjeeling, Kolkata, Himachal Pradesh, Srinagar, Dalhousie, India, Ladakh, Leh
Level Contributor
36,479 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: how to book toy train from NJP to Darjeeling

SKP123456789

Toy train service between NJP and Darjeeling has been suspended for last few years. Now the toy trains are being operated between Karseong and Darjeeling. Most convenient way to enjoy the toy train is Joy Ride between Darjeeling-Ghum-Darjeeling @ Rs.360. There are two trips in a day. Which can be booked through IRCTC site. The process of booking as follows : Log on www.irctc.co.in then click on 'Tourist Train' go to 'Hill Charter' > Darjeeling Himalayan Railway > Click on 'Retail Booking' proceed for booking.

AshisRoy

Edited: 02 April 2012, 12:29
Dubai, United Arab...
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: how to book toy train from NJP to Darjeeling

Asis

Woo......man u just make me quite happier, than x in fact many thnx to advice me in such way, ya i will do the same...which u advice through IRCTC sites. well which is the best and budget hotel in Darjeeling to stay with family.

India
Destination Expert
for Shimla, Manali, Kashmir, Shillong, Sikkim, Uttarakhand, Puri, Darjeeling, Kolkata, Himachal Pradesh, Srinagar, Dalhousie, India, Ladakh, Leh
Level Contributor
36,479 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: how to book toy train from NJP to Darjeeling

SKP123456789

Try Hotel Dekeling, WBTDC Tourist Lodge (Bhanu Sarani), Planters' Club in Darjeeling.

AshisRoy

Edited: 02 April 2012, 12:57
Dubai, United Arab...
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: how to book toy train from NJP to Darjeeling

Asis

thnx for the complete information, if anything about information please its my mail id: sanjupn@hotmail.com

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
830 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: how to book toy train from NJP to Darjeeling

The OP has asked the same question on 2 different threads, and the 2 replies, both from AshisRoy, are different

???????????????????????????????

Mumbai, India
Destination Expert
for Mumbai, Katra, Maharashtra, India
Level Contributor
5,529 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: how to book toy train from NJP to Darjeeling

And I am wondering why the original post is addressed to a single person?

allahabad
3 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: how to book toy train from NJP to Darjeeling

@AshishRoy: Is it very difficult to get a ticket ticket of toy train as today is 4th april and I've checked on the site that all the tickets till 31st may are sold out.

And what is that the third train for? As u said that train goes on ride for twice a day..

Please reply soon sir....

India
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
36,479 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: how to book toy train from NJP to Darjeeling

mansigoel94

There are only two Joy rides in a day. The third one is DHR. Heritage Toy Train Safari. The journey takes a full day.

AshisRoy

Edited: 04 April 2012, 12:16
allahabad
3 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: how to book toy train from NJP to Darjeeling

okay thank you sir but one more query that when will the booking start for june and can u tell the approximate time for tickets to be sold out???

India
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
36,479 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: how to book toy train from NJP to Darjeeling

I think the booking open 60 days prior journey date. Please check with irctc site.

AshisRoy

Edited: 04 April 2012, 21:30
Reply to: how to book toy train from NJP to Darjeeling
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted