We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Prepaid Taxi Booth - Bagdogra Airport to Darjeeling

Kolkata (Calcutta...
4 posts
Prepaid Taxi Booth - Bagdogra Airport to Darjeeling
Save

Want to know following:

1) Do I need to pre-book or we will have enough availability in prepaid tax booth to travel from Bagdogra to Darjeeling

2) How much will be cost of pre-paid taxi for Dzire?

3) Which one is expensive - prepaid taxi booth insider airport or outside private vehicles?

4) Will pre-paid taxi take via Mirik?

5) How much will be the charge if I opt to go via Mirik?

8 replies to this topic
Level Contributor
167 posts
9 reviews
1. Re: Prepaid Taxi Booth - Bagdogra Airport to Darjeeling
Save

more than ample taxi outside airport no need to pre book.

i frequently visit the hills and i have never paid more that 1800/- for a small car like wagon r , brezza, indica etc. for darj. try to get darj registered taxi they will be few hundred cheaper as they have to return.

outside u can bargain if you dont mind. and dont fall in hands of dalal.

if you go via mirik taxi will charge max 500/- more.

Kolkata (Calcutta...
4 posts
2. Re: Prepaid Taxi Booth - Bagdogra Airport to Darjeeling
Save

Thanks for your suggestion. Am going on 24-Dec which is the reason people are saying it will have good rush and I might not get taxi from airport pre-paid counter. People say its seasonal and hence Dec last week will be of high cost. Hence thought airport prepaid counter will be good bet but unsure whether that taxi will take me via mirik if I pay 500 bucks extra

Level Contributor
167 posts
9 reviews
3. Re: Prepaid Taxi Booth - Bagdogra Airport to Darjeeling
Save

there will be rush during christmas. me personally never felt short of cabs in bagdogra or njp. bargain hard you will get a better deal outside. and yes prices will be on the higher side due to xmas.

Edited: 22 December 2021, 15:25
New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
80 posts
68 reviews
66 helpful votes
4. Re: Prepaid Taxi Booth - Bagdogra Airport to Darjeeling
Save

1) Do I need to pre-book or we will have enough availability in prepaid tax booth to travel from Bagdogra to Darjeeling.

No need to pre-book. Ample taxis in the parking lot waiting for last minute arrivals.

2) How much will be cost of pre-paid taxi for Dzire?

2000-2500 depending on your bargaining skills.

3) Which one is expensive - prepaid taxi booth insider airport or outside private vehicles?

Pre-paid. Outside vehicles will at least match up to the pre-paid price but will usually go lower.

4) Will pre-paid taxi take via Mirik?

Yes, you can discuss this on arrival.

5) How much will be the charge if I opt to go via Mirik?

Atleast 500-1000 more depending on the car and time of the day.

I landed in IXB the same time last year, and had no trouble figuring out a cab on arrival.

Kolkata (Calcutta...
3 posts
5. Re: Prepaid Taxi Booth - Bagdogra Airport to Darjeeling
Save

Hello!! so did you prebook your cab or book it on the spot? kindly reply, planning to visit soon, need some help with cab and cab fare

Sikkim, India
Level Contributor
743 posts
63 reviews
81 helpful votes
6. Re: Prepaid Taxi Booth - Bagdogra Airport to Darjeeling
Save

in this peak season booking your Taxi in Advance is always better to avoid high rates and to get good conditions vehicle

Kolkata (Calcutta...
4 posts
7. Re: Prepaid Taxi Booth - Bagdogra Airport to Darjeeling
Save

Yes got taxi from prepaid taxi counter but had to settle with Wagon R. Pre-decided govt rate of 1860 from Bagdogra to Darjeeling. Good experience

Level Contributor
167 posts
9 reviews
8. Re: Prepaid Taxi Booth - Bagdogra Airport to Darjeeling
Save

good to read that. had u bargain & booked from outside it would have been few hundred less.

Reply to: Prepaid Taxi Booth - Bagdogra Airport to Darjeeling
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2022 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in India. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.