We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

February visit

Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
32 posts
127 reviews
85 helpful votes
February visit
Save

Planning to visit Darjeeling next February. What can I expect from weather? Will anything/ tourist places/ shops be closed?

6 replies to this topic
India
Level Contributor
3,764 posts
1. Re: February visit
Save

All the tourist spots, shops, restaurants will be open as usual in February. Temperature around 10-12°C / 2-3°C.

Edited: 18 November 2021, 14:02
Muzaffarpur...
Destination Expert
for Sikkim, Manali, New Delhi, Darjeeling, Bihar, Katra, Udaipur, Patna, India, Gangtok, Varanasi, Amritsar
Level Contributor
27,146 posts
574 reviews
453 helpful votes
2. Re: February visit
Save

Off season,good time to visit,good deals on hotels and cab , everything open ,cold weather but minimum mostly above 0° C.

Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
32 posts
127 reviews
85 helpful votes
3. Re: February visit
Save

So is the off-season tag only due to cold weather? Or is it some other seasonal issue as well? What would be the cons of visiting Darjeeling in February?

India
Level Contributor
3,764 posts
4. Re: February visit
Save

February is off-season not because of cold temperature, actually, as per the academic session of school, February is the time to prepare for annual examinations. Hence a major section of tourists avoids travelling in Feb.

1 post
5. Re: February visit
Save

Hi Sir,

Want to visit Sandakphu and Tumling on Jan,2022 with family.

My daughter is only 6 years old.......could u please suggest about my decision.

India
Level Contributor
3,764 posts
6. Re: February visit
Save

You can do Sandakphu on a day trip by Land Rover from Maneybhanjan. Should start around 8 a.m. then you will be back by 6 p.m. They charge approx Rs.7000 for this trip.

Edited: 30 November 2021, 12:28
Reply to: February visit
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2022 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in India. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.