We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Should I pre-book a vehicle for Darjeeling and Gangtok trip

2 posts
Should I pre-book a vehicle for Darjeeling and Gangtok trip
Save

Hi,

I am planning a trip in Dec 2021, I have read on some of the threads that there are different restrictions on vehicle for sightseeing, I am bit confused if I should hire point to point cab at runtime or should I pre-book one single cab for entire journey (right from airport pick-up to drop off)

3 replies to this topic
India
Level Contributor
3,842 posts
1. Re: Should I pre-book a vehicle for Darjeeling and Gangtok trip
Save

You can hire a cab for a point-to-point transfer. There are territory restrictions for cabs. Darjeeling sightseeing has to be done by a local vehicle as well as Gangtok also. Airport pick-up and drop can be done by any vehicle, no restriction is there as such.

Edited: 18 November 2021, 09:34
2 posts
2. Re: Should I pre-book a vehicle for Darjeeling and Gangtok trip
Save

Thanks Rohit,

does this mean, the cabs are easily available for sightseeing as well as airport transfer (are there specific taxi stand or If I need to contact hotel for the same)

India
Level Contributor
3,842 posts
3. Re: Should I pre-book a vehicle for Darjeeling and Gangtok trip
Save

Cabs are readily available in both places. Even the hotel can assist you in booking a cab.

Edited: 18 November 2021, 11:39
Reply to: Should I pre-book a vehicle for Darjeeling and Gangtok trip
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2022 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in India. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.