We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bagdogra to Lachung

2 posts
2 reviews
2 helpful votes
Bagdogra to Lachung
Save

I will be reaching 9.30 AM at Bagdogra , so I would come out of airport by 11 AM . Can I get a taxi straight to Lachung and reach there by 8-9 PM ? Please mind I will be travelling on New year's eve so it would be with frozen roads, please advise. Thanks.

3 replies to this topic
India
Level Contributor
3,710 posts
1. Re: Bagdogra to Lachung
Save

Practically, it is not a feasible idea. Because you need to get the permit for Lachung, that is to be arranged by a local driver/agent.

Edited: 18 November 2021, 09:11
Muzaffarpur...
Destination Expert
for Sikkim, Manali, New Delhi, Darjeeling, Bihar, Katra, Udaipur, Patna, India, Gangtok, Varanasi, Amritsar
Level Contributor
27,139 posts
574 reviews
453 helpful votes
2. Re: Bagdogra to Lachung
Save

Transfer to Gangtok and proceed next day,also keep in mind that during December end it’s almost sure your flight will arrive late specially if coming from North India.

Edited: 18 November 2021, 09:17
2 posts
2 reviews
2 helpful votes
3. Re: Bagdogra to Lachung
Save

wow thanks man! I will put up on Gangtok a night and I didn't know a thing about permit. thanks.

Reply to: Bagdogra to Lachung
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2022 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in India. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.