We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best place to have a candle light dinner in Chennai?

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
19 posts
48 reviews
Save Topic
Best place to have a candle light dinner in Chennai?

Hi,

Could you suggest me the best place in Chennai to have a candle light dinner with my fiance? Budget around 3k for two people. But if the place is excellent, I wouldn't mind spending more.

Thanks,

Bala

Coimbatore, India
Destination Expert
for Chennai, Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu, Thekkady
Level Contributor
3,978 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best place to have a candle light dinner in Chennai?

Check out the Fish Cove...

Regards

Prasanna

oslo
Level Contributor
68 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best place to have a candle light dinner in Chennai?

I don't know if the place still exists - but I would also recommend Tangerine (I hope I got the name rgt)

Coimbatore, India
Destination Expert
for Chennai, Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu, Thekkady
Level Contributor
3,978 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best place to have a candle light dinner in Chennai?

Hi...

I was referring to the Taj Fisherman's Cove. Maybe you can prearrange the entire thing by reserving a table, informing the occasion and they would make it memorable.

Regards

Prasanna

Chennai
Destination Expert
for Chennai, Tamil Nadu
Level Contributor
2,994 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best place to have a candle light dinner in Chennai?

Hi

Taj Vivanta (earlier Fishcove,) as Prasanna says, is a good option. Their Bay View restaurant (by the beach side, opening into the bay) is a speciality sea food restaurant, and they serve fresh catches, cooked to your liking. The commute time to and back to the city, is a factor to consider

There are other interesting options for candlelight dinners at the city as well.

The recently opened Hyatt has a range of option. The Spice Market - an all day restaurant is a wonderful place for a good dinner. Their Italian Restaurant (Foccacia) is also a great variation. There is a Chinese option, but i have not tried that out to comment about.

The New Hilton has some excellent options as well. There are about 5 restaurants, where I can recommend 2 of those which i have tried. The Q Bar is a great place on the roof top with a stunning ambience and equally good Grills. The Vasco's is another nice restaurant there.

Then there is the all time favourite - The Great Kebab Factory, a Radission Blu property for a great Dinner. The flip side is, though the food is awesome, this place is always packed to the brim.

Marriot offers some options, but again, it is always crowded.

The Residency has a nice roof top candle light dinner accompanied with a live band playing some wonderful 80's music.

Accord Metropolition has a decent roof top candle light dinner

Raintree has a very good roof top Kebab/Tandoor option as well

The park has a roof top option too.

Some speciality restaurants like Ende Keralam, Kokum, (no drinks at both these places)Azulia (mediteranean), etc offer nice candle light options.

Whatever you choose, do make sure you book your tables in advance. Secondly, I presume, your plans are in the next few weeks. The monsoons are around the corner. Take a pick on the beachside and rooftop options based on the weather.

Hope this helps

regards

Rajan

Chennai
Destination Expert
for Chennai, Tamil Nadu
Level Contributor
2,994 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best place to have a candle light dinner in Chennai?

Hi Vingori

Tangerine is a Steak Joint just off the C.P.Ramaswamy road. If you are refering to the same, yes, it does exist and is doing well, for it is one of the good Steak options in the city today.

Yes, it is a nice dinner option as well.

regards

Rajan

Mumbai, India
Destination Expert
for Mumbai, New Delhi, Kochi (Cochin), Chennai, India
Level Contributor
12,094 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best place to have a candle light dinner in Chennai?

For a high-end romantic candle-light dinner, I would recommend Prego at the Taj Coromandel. It is an elegant dinner venue with music, candlelight and subdued lighting, the best silver cutlery, crisp white tablecloths and crystal wine glasses. I have eaten there a while ago and thought it was lovely and sophisticated and the perfect candle-light dinner. The cuisine is Italian and their signature dish (pan-seared scallops) is very good, they have an extensive wine menu but the wines are expensive, so if you want to stay within that budget, steer clear of the wines.

Mumbai, India
Destination Expert
for Mumbai, New Delhi, Kochi (Cochin), Chennai, India
Level Contributor
12,094 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best place to have a candle light dinner in Chennai?

Another very romantic settling is offered at the cabanas on Aqua, the rooftop restaurant by the swimming pool at The Park.

Check out this link: theparkhotels.com/chennai/…aqua.html

This is not a formal candle-light dinner, but the setting is sexy and informal and absolutely fantastic. Suggested as a place to have a drink and lounge in a relaxed manner. Go in Dec/Jan when the weather is good.

Deepa

Edited: 20 October 2011, 09:04
8. Re: Best place to have a candle light dinner in Chennai?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 October 2012, 19:49