We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Retiring rooms at Chennai Central Railway Station

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
16 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Retiring rooms at Chennai Central Railway Station

I will be making a trip to Chennai in the coming November 2010. I'll arrive Chennai Airport on 19 November 2010, at around 8pm. After which, I'll be heading to Chennai Central Railway Station via the MRTS to search for my accomodation as I've to catch my train, Sapthagiri Express, to Tirupati at 6.40am. I've done my reservations for the train already.

After hearing about the facility of the "Retiring Rooms", I'm now curious about it. I've found out the rates for it through the Indian Railways Website.

However, I would like to ask if the A/C Double bedded retiring rooms are clean, or not? Besides the room, also the washrooms in them. Are the showers & wash rooms, along with the reitiring rooms at Chennai Central Railway Station clean?

I need recommendations.

Thank You For Your Time

Chennai
Destination Expert
for Chennai, Tamil Nadu
Level Contributor
3,049 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Retiring rooms at Chennai Central Railway Station

Hi

Here is a link with some info (if you already don't have them)

trainenquiry.com/StaticContent/Railway_Amnit…

I do not have first hand info on the washrooms. However, if you search the TA forums, you will find posts that confirm availability of showers in the washrooms but do carry mixed opinions on the cleanliness of these.

To be on the safer side, you may want to think of carrying some disposable toilet seat covers and some wet tissues as well.

regards

Rajan

2. Re: Retiring rooms at Chennai Central Railway Station

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 April 2011, 10:46