We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best places in Chennai to buy salwar kameez and kurtas

San Diego...
5 posts
Save Topic
Best places in Chennai to buy salwar kameez and kurtas

A colleague and I will be relocating to Chennai for 4 months beginning in January. It's easier for us to pack light and buy most of our clothes there, especially because we're women and want to have appropriate clothing. What are the best places to purchase salwar kameez and kurtas? I was in Mumbai in March and became a huge fan of the Biba line. Is there a Biba store in Chennai or one that sells their clothing? Any help you can offer us is much appreciated!

London, United...
Level Contributor
585 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best places in Chennai to buy salwar kameez and kurtas

There are numerous stores along Pondy bazaar that have a variety of salwars and kurtis. Naidu Hall is a well known name but a bit on the "elite" side. Their stuff looks good and costs a little more too. Lots of small stores sell kurtas and salwar materials. Their prices are lower and so is their "finish".

BTW I'm not aware of Biba in Mumbai.. hence I cannot help you much on comparing the stores that I have mentioned to Biba.

Mumbai, India
Destination Expert
for Mumbai, New Delhi, Kochi (Cochin), Chennai, India
Level Contributor
12,231 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best places in Chennai to buy salwar kameez and kurtas

I wear some Biba kurtas myself, they retail at Lifestyle store in Chennai.

lifestylestores.com/pages/store_locator.htm

They also retail at Shopper's Stop in Chennai.

And similar stuff can be had from multiple brands in these places.

- Deepa

San Diego...
5 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Best places in Chennai to buy salwar kameez and kurtas

wonderful, thank you!

4. Re: Best places in Chennai to buy salwar kameez and kurtas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 October 2009, 22:52